Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my lawyer helped me out alot today i think. Found out what is goign to happen with my ticket. I was clocked doing 96-55 and about 2 miles down the road after he caught up with me he saw me do a Rolling stoppie at the redlight and gave me wreckless driving. High way patrol said i would loose my license for 6 months to a yr. Turns out i will only loose it for 30 days but i CAN drive during the day just not at night. Fine was only $200 they dropped the wreckless driving but would not budge on the mph speed. Cant complain cause i thought i would not be able to rdrive for at least 6 months. Always get a laywer LOL.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A lawyer is always a good idea when you get a nasty ticket.

Some friends got license losing tickets this past Spring. A park ranger saw them speeding. He followed them and pulled them over. He then called the sheriff and had the sheriff write them up for speeding and passing on the double yellow. A lawyer got the ticket thrown out.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by mjahelka
A lawyer is always a good idea when you get a nasty ticket.

Some friends got license losing tickets this past Spring. A park ranger saw them speeding. He followed them and pulled them over. He then called the sheriff and had the sheriff write them up for speeding and passing on the double yellow. A lawyer got the ticket thrown out.
dont even get me started on Park Rangers...:D
bastards, i ended up getting a criminal trespassing ticket because of one of those Rangers...not that it wasnt our own fault, but shit, the ranger was a pussy and lied to us, told us this and that, and said get out of here now and everythings fine..yeah we get to our trucks only to be accompanied by 3 police officers....and then when the orignal ranger came over to talk to the cops, the pussy didnt even get out of his truck and i was trying to talk to him...anyways, sorry just had to vent! :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
im due on dec 9th for an exhibition of speed misdemeanor citation, no idea whats going to happen... anyone have experience with one of these?

·
Registered
105 Posts
My lawyer got me off of a 82 in a 45 and I paid no fines. The thing was I had to pay $700 in lawyer fees!! Ouch![:0]

It's better than the fine going on my record though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea back in jan i got 84-55 lawyer fee was only 50 bucks with 50 court cost and some other small things ended up being like 200 bucks for everything include lawyer it was my 1st ticket so getting it dropped was not a problem. it was reduced to 9 over did not get any points. drumannewman whats your driving record like? Did you do a burn out? If you have a clean record it will probly get throw out i dont think its that bad of a ticket. Just as long as u dont get points.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Dude. That's freaking awesome. Way to show them what's up!!!
Hell yeah :D

I love hearing stories like that. Makes me feel good inside for some reason.
Anyway, now you learned your lesson. No more speeding or stunting. Hahaha.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL yea right. i still yank wheelies up down the road. The lesson wears off after few weeks. I was like "no more stupid shit only down country roads." Then its Well theres no cops ill just bust a standup and ill watch the other direction and if i see one ill run LOL

·
Registered
359 Posts
"An exhibition of speed misdemeanor citation" was cost me $880.00 in 1997 and will stay in record for 7 yrs. Good Luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by Naughtyninja
Yea I love hearing from the ones that cause insurance rates to rise..great job..thanks a lot.
Do I note a sense of sarcasm there? Hmmm?? I'll pay the lawyer fee just so that it doesn't effect the insurance.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I love hearing from the ones that cause insurance rates to rise..great job..thanks a lot
sorry i dont ride like a little girl.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont see the diff. So what if i ride wheelies? Whats the diff from riding wheelies and hawlin ass up some mountain? I do both but i just hate hearing people bitch about wheelies? How much is your insurance? mines 165 a yr oh the horror! Your rates are just as high because people wreck up in the twisties. Speeding up the mountain is breaking the law just as much as wheelies. I do try and keep the wheelies on the back roads though i sometimes pop them in light traffic.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You live in the boonies. Some of us live in urban areas, where paying 165 a year for anything is a suburban myth, to us.

My insurance for my Ninja 250 here in NYC is over 3 times what yours is. So don't gloat about insurance being cheap.

BC.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
i guess I depends on the cop that pull you over he or she can be a dick. but that never happens to me:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.