Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the site (obvious given my low post count), but am in a pretty significant bind with my motorcycle. I just graduated college and will be moving to New York for my new job, but unfortunately I will not be able to afford to take my 250R with me given the high price of monthly parking in Manhattan. As a result, I am thinking about using eBay to sell it to a new owner since I also have no place to store it here in Ohio. As a result, I had a few questions and wanted to get some of the forum members' input on the issue:

1. First, is there an appraisal site similar to Kelly Blue Book that helps to determine motorcycle prices? For example, my Ninja is a 2010 with approximately 250 miles on it (also, it is red if that matters).
2. Second, since I will be moving in exactly 2 weeks, is there any service that you can think of that would be quicker for a fire-sale than a 7-day eBay listing?
3. Third, I'm sure this is a long shot, but do Kawasaki dealerships ever do a straight purchase of motorcycles, i.e. like a CarMax type deal?

Thank you so much for your help and/or input on this guys, and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

-David

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Ya put it on Kijiji, it'll be gone ASAP as long it's the right price. Oh wait...you yankees don't have that awesome site :\

·
Registered
685 Posts
use NADA.com and kbb.com to price it.

Use cycletrader.com, craigslist, and ebay to sell it.

If you price it low enough, it will be gone in no time.

Good luck with your sale

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
^ there's nothing wrong with buying new if you plan on keeping it though, but if you don't then there isn't a point

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
the only time i would buy new is if its an amazingly great deal, and the used counter part of that same bike isnt that well taken care of

but then there is always that glamour of knowing you're the first owner to molest such a fine beast :p

after experiencing getting raped on my first new bike, im now a firm believer of buying used, just gotta find the right seller who has taken great care of said bike
i know i did :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts