Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Almost three weeks ago I was riding with a friend through some little driven mtn roads not to far from home. Very twisty, off camber, lots of fun. Anyhow I came a little hot into a very sharp right curve with a decreasing radius. Cliff on the right side, mtn on the left side, no shoulder. The bad part was the sand in the corner that I didn't see. Anyhow, I started to slow and lean into it but I started sliding and striaghtening up. Anyhow I ended up in the oncoming lane, no traffic fortunately, and in the non-existent shoulder for the oncomming lane. It was a small, 6" wide drainage ditch. Anyhow, I still ahd the bike up though it was really squirrely. In my mind I was thinking, "Whew, I got it, I got it." Then WHAM! Me and the bike are on the ground. Apparently, there was a boulder jutting out from the side of the mtn and I hit it with my left shoulder, bringing me and the bike to a dead stop. I got up and tried to pick up the bike but my left arm wasn't working right. My friend had stopped and helped me move the bike and then I sat down to discover that I broke my left clavical (collar bone). No other damage to me, and minimal damage to the bike. I was wearing a Joe Rocket Jacket with armor and CF Gloves. If not for the gloves, I would have busted up my hand too, based on the gouges in the CF on the gloves.
The moral being, know the road. I was riding within my limits but, not for the conditions.

Diirk

Diirk
'99 ZX6R
'02 Raptor
'01 Wolverine
'87 Radian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.