Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
2 weeks ago we did a little charity run up in the mountain town where we ride the corners every weekend. Local folk where getting mad so we orginized a fund raiser. Met lots of people of all skill levels. Rode all day, crazy fast on some crazy curves. No one got hurt. As the day winded down, everyone headed home. Me taking my favorite known route of twisties. I noted to myself that the sun was low and in my face on several curves, making it hard to see into the shadow of the trees. So I took a normal pace through. Got home fine.

Come to find out, 2 guys I had met, were heading home in the same low sun, cant see into shadows type conditions. Aparently they just missed a curve and ran straight off a cliff. 1 dead instantly, other died in hospital.

It sunk in real good. There were several corners I went through that I couldnt see to far ahead. Think my luck and knowledge of the road prevailed. Was sad to hear that after tearing up some curves doing way over the speed limit, that something as simple as the ride home can get ya.

So pay 100% attention at all times to the road.

Other than that, Ive had many a time going in too hot and sliding the rear tire or getting halfway through a corner and see that you not gonna make it and you lean it farther than you ever have and hope it holds. So far I think not panicing and keeping focused on the road had saved me many times.

98 6R. TBR slip-on. No poser add-ons.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.