Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
About three months after getting my 6R I was riding on this curvy road for the first time. That day I had, already, broken one of the firts rules I go by. I only ride agressively when riding with a partner. I am all about the buddy system!! About 10 minutes into the run I am feeling pretty confident (this ain't my first crotch rocket). I misjudged the curve I was going into. It was a lot tighter and turned into a very steep downhill. My first thought was to slow down as much as possible while trying to maintain some lean angle. I let off some throttle and applied some rear brake. I misjudged how much pressure to apply to the rear brake and my rear tire locked up. I uprighted the bike and knew it was time to do some dirt riding. I hit the curb and landed on grass (still upright) and jammed both brakes as hard as I could. My bike sunk in the soft dirt stopping just inches from the barbed wire. The only damage was a blown rear tire and a very bruised ego. That day I broke two rules, I rode without a buddy and was going too fast, too soon without knowing my environment. [^]

Let Saddam come and play!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.