Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,725 Posts
went in to hot on my old ex500 and overshot a turn and wound up in some dudes diveway. Luclily I bled off alot of seed with some hardcore emergency braking I ankle hurt and the bike had a few scratches...

later I went in a turn to hot again and wound up in a guys lawn...I keep the bike up but not sure how...

learned that I need to ride within my limits...if I ever feel the "panic" come over me in a turn, I know I'm going to fast...

a year later I got my 6r and was riding with some buddies, was taking a right turn at an intersection about 15 or so miles per hour and lowsided. Me and the bike slid about 10 or so feet into oncoming traffic...luckily I was wearing my gear so I was basically unhurt but my bike was pretty banged up. The frame sliders saved me alittle bit of cash.

The lowside was from some light colored sand/dirt in the corner that I didn't think was enough of a hazard to slow down.

nowadays, I think everything on the road is a hazard...

I just need to learn to slow down on public roads and enjoy the ride...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

· Registered
3,725 Posts
i dont think there is a day go by where I dont learn something new when I'm riding my bike...

just wish I would apply what I have learned ;)

· Registered
3,725 Posts
"GPZX750 Turbo, as the bike was a demo it was already run in and I could push it hard from the start and it went real hard for its day."

Hard for it's day, that thing goes hard now considering the amount of torque it produces thanks to the turbo!!!!

I can't beieve backing off the throttle cause the rear to lock up in a straight line like that....did you back off or chop it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.