Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I made my race stand, I used to get a mate to grab the handlebars from over the screen (standing on the right side of the bike facing backwards - near the clutch handle!)

He then just need to pull the bike back towards him slightly to raise the back wheel off the ground and then I just lubed the chain at my lesiure!

Bend the rules & Rule the bends...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Another easy way to lubricate the chain is to position a hammer/piece of wood/etc. under the swingarm so it lifts the rear wheel a bit.

------------------------
7,62mm. One size fits all.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I decided to post this tip after I saw the vid of the "spin move" in stunters corner
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4843

Another useful move is to use the sidestand when lubricating the chain with spray lube. This is especially handy when travelling alone when you need to lubricate the chain on the road.

0. put the bike onto the sidestand

1. position yourself on the left side of the bike when looking from the rear.

2. turn so that your face is towards the rear end

3. "hug" the bike grabbing the frame/subframe with your left hand and tilt the bike onto the sidestand so that the rearwheel is in air. Remember to pull the bike backwards a bit so the sidestand won't fold.

4. Now you can rotate the rear wheel with your left hand and spray the lube with your right hand. The bike leans to your left side/hip.

Unfortunately I don't have any video or pics of the procedure but I guess you can figure it out.

------------------------
7,62mm. One size fits all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.