Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a pic of this lil thing? I cant seem to find it. Is it the rubber mounted "relay" looking thing beside the tank mount point?

after repairing my bike from a accident, this is the only thing keeping me from being on the road :( We can push start the bike in 4th, but she wont turn over on her own... it seems weird. When i try and crank her over, it ticks and the headlight comes on and the gages go dim.. like there is a large current draw. Im not sure if its the battery or this little relay.. I tried boosting the bike with my buddies gsxr1k, exact same thing happens. Also, she doesnt idle well when its running (push started)... So, Battery or Relay? :) Any other ideas on things to check?

I also have a replacement tail fairing, it didnt come with the foam the OEM one has. Should i be tearing that crap off and spray glueing it onto the new one? or find some dynamat and use that?

Im pretty damn excited to get this bike back on the road, seeing it run even poorly made me giddy :)

Edit: The bike is a 2006 ZX6R. Let me know if you guys need more info. thnx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Ive found the sensor, unplugged it and it seems to rattle alot.. is that normal? After doing that, I tried to start the bike and nothing :( It seems to try to repressurize the FI after i try starting. Im quite at a loss here...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds to me like the starter took a dump. If the rear tire rolled backward even an inch when you wrecked, the starter is toast. Pull the two bolts that hold the starter in and slide it out of the motor. Leave the starter cable hooked up and hit the starter button, it should spin free. To check the starter, gently grab the shaft with a pair of pliers and it should spin freely, if it does, it's not the starter. As for the tip over switch, if you can push start the bike and it runs, the tip over switch is working correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

The pin that holds the intermediate gear between the starter and the crank (?) was not seated properly and the gear was jammed against the gear housing. Slid the pin back in properly, refilled it.. and it works! my bike is back! :D

Thanks for the help fellas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.