Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to willow spings in nov. for my first track daz. wondering if anyone has been there and has any tips or advice.

thx[:M117]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Streets or the big track?

Streets is highly technical and every corner has its own tricks.

The big track is much faster

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by birdturd636<br>im going to willow spings in nov. for my first track daz. wondering if anyone has been there and has any tips or advice.

thx[:M117]
[:++1]

Im rollin to, Its the big track

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Well, it's your first time at Willow, and it looks like your first time at the track period? They'll take you around a few laps at a greatly reduced pace so you can learn where it all goes. You simply should concentrate on setting a good flow, and learning where to brake, turn in, and get on the gas. The track flows pretty good, and the two biggest keys to fast times are T5 and T9

·
Registered
554 Posts
For your first track day just focus on inhaling, exhaling, and relaxing. Willow is a fun track for a beginner because it's a giant sweeper. So you can carry alot of speed pretty safely. Have fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Advanced Kawasaki<br>Well, it's your first time at Willow, and it looks like your first time at the track period? They'll take you around a few laps at a greatly reduced pace so you can learn where it all goes. You simply should concentrate on setting a good flow, and learning where to brake, turn in, and get on the gas. The track flows pretty good, and the two biggest keys to fast times are T5 and T9
thx for the info, cant wait to get there. i suspect it will be way funner than the canyons[:M6]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by heith
For your first track day just focus on inhaling, exhaling, and relaxing. Willow is a fun track for a beginner because it's a giant sweeper. So you can carry alot of speed pretty safely. Have fun.
thx and i know i will have fun[:M56]

·
Registered
37 Posts
i was there for my very first track day last friday oct. 20. Man, did i have a blast. there are mostly right hand turns but on the few left hand turns i actually got my knee down. plus this track is very high speed. i reached 150mph down the front straight and the sweeping right handers are insane. you will have a great time and make sure you take the first few laps easy to warm up the tires and then let her rip!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.