Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
luminescient, pay the $30. it's not worth the hassel. Gotta remove your wheels, balance the tyres etc. It's worth the $30 if you ask me.

Otherwise use a tyre lever to get the tyre(s) off and on, maybe a rubber mallet to help get the tyre on the rim.
Do they use a bead lubricant when fitting a bike tyre like they do when fitting a car tyre? (Dunno)

Seriously, $30 to me is worth it.

How often are you fitting tyres?

/forum/uploads/corbywan/dress_1.jpg

Corbywan

2000 ZX6R Green

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alright, I am finally fed up with paying around $30 a pop to have my tires changed! How hard is it to do, and what tools do I need??

The only thing that a Gixxer hurts is my soul!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
30 bucks is cheap for 2 tires, if that's all I would have top pay I would get the shop to do it too.

but as it stanbds they will nly mount tires I ordered from them so it's too expensive.

I done 2 tires changes on my bike and with the help of a friend it wasn't that hard.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ain't nothin' purty 'bout that thar dress.

97 Candy Persimmon Red
Wileyco Pipe
Factory 1.7 jets, Ign. Adv.
Cheetah Racing Solotail

·
Registered
233 Posts
Seriously, I just got robbed having my Sportec M-1's put on! If your paying $30, I just dropped $100 for front and rear balanced and installed. Great tire btw.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
TBLUMER sounds like you just brought them the bike and they took the tires off, changed them, balanced them, and then put them back on. That usually is around $40-$45 per tire.
I think what luminescient is doing is he brings them just the tire and they do it for $30. You save $20-30 per tire by taking the tire off yourself.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
29 Posts
it costs me $19.50 per tire when i bring them the wheels off the bike. I think they charge like $30 if one just brings in the whole bike. Thats at the Honda shop next to where i live.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.