Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stockers are Bridgestone BT014 on the Gixxer, 2000 miles and they're shot, need some new ones.
You guys with the 10R's having the same problem, ridiculous tire consumption?
Curious at how the 10R eats up tires.

·
Registered
976 Posts
pretty much the same for 10's, but hey we being the techno crazed gotta have more now kind society thats the cost of havin our cake and eating it IMO.

BD

·
Registered
536 Posts
Depends on how you ride, temp in your area, air pressure you run and your weight. I got over 5000 miles till the cords started to show on my stock BT014's on my 06 GSX-R1000 and im 200 lbs, live in florida and ran about 32 psi front and back. Got pilot powers now and we'll see how long they last.

·
Registered
121 Posts
it also depends on your riding style, if you are hard on the throttle, throttling up after midway corner, also the type of asphalt. also whats you perception of worn out, is it wires showing or the reccomended replacement marks on the tire??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with multiple factors determining mileage. Just put a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's on. I was surprised by a slip on centerline paint. May be over-inflated. Anyone got the figures on pressure?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Donlops are sticky on the corners, but they wear fast as hell. I'm gettng a set of Michelin's next. They don't have as much grip but they last much longer. If you switch brands, make sure you get the front and rear tires together. The different brands have different angle and height profiles. It could be dangerous to change just one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.