Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've seen Michelin race tires with the "Michelin" colored white, I think that looks good, doing the tred pattern, no thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd like to see it in person as well as know someone who's used it. i wonder if it makes the tread slick in the rain.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by 99Ninja6r
i'd like to see it in person as well as know someone who's used it. i wonder if it makes the tread slick in the rain.
if you have plenty of tread and color in the grooves, it shouldn't, that part of the tire doesn't make contact with the road, if it did, how could it channel water?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was thinking that maybe that stuff breaks down a little in the rain and gets on the tire...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Save yourself some money and go to your local hobby or art supply store. They have the pens a hell of a lot cheper than that. Dont use it on a new tire because it will not stick. It'll only last maybe 20 miles or so. But if you have a tire that has a few hundred miles on them then it gonna last until you changer your tire. it doesnt affect the handling or grip dry or wet. I did it last year before Myrtle Beach. It looked good and everyone loved it!!!

[:M25] So i guess I'm GAY!!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Originally posted by kilaman
Save yourself some money and go to your local hobby or art supply store. They have the pens a hell of a lot cheper than that. Dont use it on a new tire because it will not stick. It'll only last maybe 20 miles or so. But if you have a tire that has a few hundred miles on them then it gonna last until you changer your tire. it doesnt affect the handling or grip dry or wet. I did it last year before Myrtle Beach. It looked good and everyone loved it!!!

[:M25] So i guess I'm GAY!!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!
I used the hobby shop paint pens to paint the lettering of my tires. It came out pretty good, but I'm due for a touchup as I've had about 500 miles on them since I did it. You can still see it clearly but up close you can see it's starting to get a little faded. The hobby shop pens are like 2 bucks as opposed to getting looked at like you are speaking egyptian when asking for a tire paint pen at pep boys! Here is how it looked after I did it.

I'd bet the actual "tire paint pens" might last longer but who knows. Even though I'm not riding on the lettering, tires gotta be flexing when you hit the twisties prety hard.

strat

·
Registered
256 Posts
they are gay. the guy i bought my bike from did it to the tires and i was stuck for a little while with white in my tires. it didnt make the tires slick tho, because its in the tread nothiing touches the road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that looks pretty cool actually. and by pretty cool i mean WTF are they thinking? thats the dumbest thing ive seen in a while[xx(]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
man, now im really kinda considering getting an orange pen and coloring in the tread and lettering on the pilot powers, that would look sic, but then again, its rubber, so its gona get dirty and dull. id like to see what it looks like after about 50-100 miles, does the color start to look shitty after that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.