Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want a mushroom style patch you can get them from the guys at Walmart. You don't really need one though if all you have is a small nail hole. Use the smallest ordinary tire patch. Make sure they prep the area good to include roughing it up and cleaning it with solvent. Then make sure they "stich" the patch down. I patch my own tires and have never had one fail.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
im taking into a bike shop and hoping they just dont slap it on. ill go to walmart tonight to see if i can find a good one however. what do you mean by "stich"...sewing?

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
oh, they have to patch it from the inside, right swjohnsey...plugs go from outside-in and i can do that, but i want a inside patch.

G

·
0 Posts
el parche por dentro es mejor.:D

"Ride safe since no one will do it for you".

G

·
0 Posts
pero sacale el clavo primero:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
These patches are good for the life of the tire if done properly. You can't overlap 2 patches though. They Drill the hole out with a burr, glue the area, and pull the rubber 'tit' through and cut the excess. Best to leave it to someone who does it for a living, theres a good chance you'll shag the rim

Ash

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
who makes the mushroom patch and how much? i have a very smal nail in my rear tire with only 1k miles and i want to have a shop patch it from the inside.

this is not a "should i repair or buy a new tire" topic or "im a unsafe/cheap driver" post...so dont add to your post count with a negative response:([^]

G

·
0 Posts
si quieres te mando la direccion del taller de mi amigo y no te tienes que preocupar de $

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
aqui en houston?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
hook me up!

G

·
0 Posts
Show & Go Cycle 11702 Plano Rd Dallas TX 75243 214-343-8871

" Shut your pie hole you have just been punked "

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
nevermind:D

thank anyways!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had a small nail in my tire a few weeks ago. i put a plug in it. It was fine for a few weeks but after I took it up over 100 it started slowly going flat again. So I redid the plug, but this time I took my time doing it. And I roughed up the hole a little better and used rubber cement this time too. It is fine now and I had it up well past 100 a few times. I think it should hold now for the remaining life of the tire. And anyway if it doesnt hold. I can feel the bike starting to handle differently so I can just pull over. Its not like the tire blows up or anything. I have lost a little confidance in my riding though taking the turns. But I'm due for a new tire in a few 1000 more miles. So that will be in like another month or two.
But Arturo3rd If your putting a inside patch on the tire you would have no problem ever. I know a lot of guys give crap to people who patch or plug the their tires. But how many of them actually saw a patch go bad. i bet none. They all just say that shit because they hear someone else saying it. I pluged a tire on my old bike and it lasted the through to the end of the tire. Almost 10,000 miles! I have a bad habbit of replacing my tires when the threads start showing! But that just goes to show you that a patch is fine for a tire and a plug is not the best but will do.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
tommy i feel the same way...im the same way with my tires and will change them when they start to look worn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.