Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should probably check my tire pressure before every ride, but to be honest I check it every other day that I ride. (I ride every day to work and school). It doesn't take very long and I should do it every time. Just wondering how many of you do it every time or do you skip some days?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll check it about once a week if all I'm doing is going to work and back. I will, however, check it before any kind of spirited ride every single time, even if I had just done a weekly check. After a while, you can develop a feel for how much pressure is in your tires.

A tip I heard from another forum was to park your bike so you have to back it up. If it seems harder than it should, your pressure might be low.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A tip I heard from another forum was to park your bike so you have to back it up. If it seems harder than it should, your pressure might be low.
Hmm, never heard that before but I will definitely keep that in mind. thanks!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Once a month...oops? But the first 2 sessions at the track...and every other session after that.
-Cody

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Once a month...oops? But the first 2 sessions at the track...and every other session after that.
-Cody

:plusone:

Maybe once a month!

I may kick the tires every once and a while, if you kick them when they're aired up properly you'll learn what they feel like and you'll know when they're low on air.

Other than that I check them about once or twice a month, air them up and go.

;)

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I'm going off memory here but I believe that in about a month I may lose 3 to 4 PSI, but since I air them to OEM specs even with the air loss it's still not too bad to run them at the lower pressures.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i had like 20 psi in my rear tire because the dealership didnt bother to fill it up much after a tire change and it wasnt low enough to notice pushing it

ill check mine every few months or so......opps, although i dont see much air lost

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Once a week or before any serious ride.

I monitor temps and pressure in real time, so I probably check more than most. But I have found the pressures to drop 3 or 4 PSI in a week depending the circumstance

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Once a week or before any serious ride.

I monitor temps and pressure in real time, so I probably check more than most. But I have found the pressures to drop 3 or 4 PSI in a week depending the circumstance
you haz TPMS?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
IM really bad at doing this, I still havnt verified the pressure in my tires since I had the dealership put the new tires on my rims.. I've since but the wheels back on and have been riding it for months.. I really need to remember to do that.

I dont have to on the suzuki though.. its a rigid and Ill feel it if its low when I ride it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to check whenever I filled up, but it got to be a pain (a) relying on the service station to have an air pump available and (b) trusting their gauge. So I bought a hand gauge and a floor pump.

Now I check before each ride, except when I'm in a rush and I've checked in the last couple of days.

Best $50 I ever spent on the bike.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
once a week
i lost 2 psi on both tires this week
waiting to see if its going to be the same this coming week

what are everyone's thoughts on those co2 cartridge portable inflators?
im thinking about buying one and just leaving it in the trunk
i know it wont fix a flat, but just for those 3-4 psi that you lose

·
Registered
335 Posts
When I first got the bike I used to check it before every ride now I check once a week at the most every two weeks, I've never had any problems or noticed it low on pressure.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,148 Posts
I check before every ride but I pretty much only ride on the weekends but they are spirited rides.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not nearly as much as I should, maybe every month. low PSI wears down the tire quicker and can effect your ride. I've been trying to get myself to do it every week, but it slips my mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts