Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what tire pressure those of you that ride wheelies in 2nd and 3rd gear are running. I'm kinda wondering if it's really necessary to lower the pressure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
you really never want to do third gear wheelies unless your massively geared i run 30-32 in the lot for circles the lower pressure you run the more tire you have on the ground run too low and the bike wont handle for shit

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
idk how much preasure i run. prolly round 25, but if it's at max the bike will wabble on you(for rookies). just lower it some and try it out. if your talking about highway wheelis for long distance then lower the preasure some so you can control it. on a tight tire the bike likes to follow the crown of the road. meaning you will be heading toward the side in a short distance. if i'm doing a lot of long wheeli's i'll lower the preasure a good bit, then i'll just pump it up at a gas station later while out cruzing town or the curves.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya running normal pressure I occasionally get a wander/slight wobble from the rear tire but I can usually drop it below BP for a sec and accel a bit and it will straighten back out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i run about 20 lbs in my rear tire it is still decent for riding on the street....but in a wheelie the bike runs super straight and never wobbles...for highway though most people run about 25 lbs helps keep it straighter and still allows for decent turning ability

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.