Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much tire pressure is recommended for an 05' zx6r? I've read on here that the recommended psi labeled on the swingarm is for two up riding, so I'm just curious how much psi should I run. I'm a 175 pound rider, with the stock suspension set-up

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
all really depends on the riding style, i run mine at 32 & 34 when i'm gonna be riding hard & if i'm just cruising or traveling for a bit i'll run them at 36 & 38 (thats w/ corsa III's)

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
The recommended tire pressure is not for two-up riding. That is standard, single rider (150lbs+gear), stock tires.

There is way to many factors for us to tell you what to run. I run 36/36 on Pirelli Diablo Stradas, I used to run 32/32 on Pilot Powers, M3's, and D208's.

Your best bet is to start at 32/32 and feel for what you like. Some prefer to run the front lower to keep the front stuck to the ground and the geometry of the bike favoring a more important front grip. On my Stradas I quickly noticed that 32/32 was not going to cut it and they needed more air to function like a Sport tire. My M3's however needed to be 32/32 or less to warm-up in any decent amount of time. Start with 32/32, see how the bike feels, and adjust from there.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
fastory they are set at 36 front 42 rear i go 36 36 if u dont ride to up

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
38f 40r 2ct

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
22 rear, 24 front - Pilot race.....

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Different tires,Temps, riders,etc = different specs IMO...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts