Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Dunlop D207s (factory) the tires say 42lbs (front & rear), the frame tag says another, I think 38lbs front 41lbs rear. Which to go by?

·
Registered
474 Posts
personally I would never run anything over 35 on the street... the numbers the manuf gives you are a bit on the high side, perhaps due to liability and longevity reasons. On the street anything between 33 and 35 is fine for me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I commute during the week and go to the twisties on the weekends. Normally I run my front around 31 and the rear around 34-35. If you are going to be doing all commuting it's best to bump it up to manufacturer spec. Whereas if you are going to run track probably want your front around 29 and rear around 32.

The tire pressure on the tire is the max. safe for that tire, but way higher than it should be ran.

·
Registered
282 Posts
+1 Run it higher for commuting. It actually helps keep the tire wear more rounded instead of the middle running square. Front 36-38/Rear 40-42. For twisties, obviously lower tire pressure helps with grip. You will need to research the recommended tire pressure for 207s but i would start with 31 front and 30 rear.

Every model of any manufacturer has different recommended tire pressures.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went out to reduce my pressure... I was only running 20 in the rear! My valve caps have o-rings in them and it was stuck in the stem (the o-ring) creating a slow leak. I reduced the front to 35lbs, and raised the rear to 40lbs. I then took her for a quick ride super squid style (shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, helmet) I never ride that way, btw. The bike feels sooo much better! Thanks guys, keep the info flowing... anyone running D207s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.