Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pilot Power Race on the front of my 6R, and the tire is pretty shredded on the sides. I have this annoying (and potentially dangerous) vibration through the handlebars/frame/ ect. I cant quite pinpoint what is making this vibration.

Some people say it is the tire making the vibration, because it goes through heat cycles and produces hard spots. I think the motor is grounding out on the frame somewhere. It gets worse under hard acceleration. When I sit at an idle at wind it up to about 5-6k rpms I can feel it through the handlebars, this is another reason why I think the motor is grounding out somehwhere. I would like to figure it out before something important becomes loose. After a while my hands will start to tingle cuz of the vibration. Any Help is Appreciated...THANKS!

·
Registered
150 Posts
First, why are u riding around on shredded tires??
Second, what do mean when the engine is grounding out?

·
Powerhungry
38,138 Posts
welcome to the ninja world. its how they are..do a search, you will find many threads about hands going numb and the like.
i think he means the engine is touching the frame somewhere, not actually grounding on it.
and sadly these have solid mounts. theres no rubber cushioning.
ur tire may be causing u different problems, but the vibes while sitting still are from the motor.[xx(]

·
Registered
810 Posts
the tire might be out of balance or something...hit any potholes lately? [?]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got my tire replaced, and its still doing it, I brought it to Kawi since its still under warranty and they said it could be the motor out of alignment cuz I had the motor completely rebuilt after I went down. The tech I talked to said there is a certain sequence you need to put the motor in the motor mounts, you cant just slap it in there how you want. Another thing could be the clutch basket is slightly bent (cuz I went down on that side) I dunno yet, ill keep you all posted....

·
Powerhungry
38,138 Posts
Originally posted by 63Six
Well, I got my tire replaced, and its still doing it, I brought it to Kawi since its still under warranty and they said it could be the motor out of alignment cuz I had the motor completely rebuilt after I went down. The tech I talked to said there is a certain sequence you need to put the motor in the motor mounts, you cant just slap it in there how you want. Another thing could be the clutch basket is slightly bent (cuz I went down on that side) I dunno yet, ill keep you all posted....
mines had a bad vibration since having my tranny rebuilt. i asked about the engine alignment, they didnt really say much. just that these bikes vibrate alot.
but i may look into the alignment issue a little further.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
you could need a tb sync. as soon as i did mine, all the major vibrations went away. and since you say it was just rebuild, this could be an issue. just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.