Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i've got an 04 ZX6R and i have a friend with a BRAND NEW dunlop tire for sale for $75... only problem is its a 190 will this fit on my bike? i've been told yes and no so is anyone on here running this size tire or has ran with this size tire? how were the turns and so forth... THANKS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did do a search and found some 05's but i don't know the differences in the rear tire space on an 03-04 to an 05-06... i also looked in the newbie central and found a lot of people don't recommend it...

·
Registered
81 Posts
it will fit but you wont handle as good as 180. if u you canyon ride you will not like the 190. the tire will be wider, they put 190s on 1000cc bikes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by birdturd636
it will fit but you wont handle as good as 180. if u you canyon ride you will not like the 190. the tire will be wider, they put 190s on 1000cc bikes.
being a new rider (i'm assuming) you won't be able to feel or tell the difference between the two sizes. if you want to run a 190 then, go ahead. but typically, the track riders and racer types will user the 180 over the 190.

you just want to run the 190 b/c it looks wider? Should've gotten a big tire bike.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
All of the ZX6R's from 2000 til 2006 all use the same size rear wheel and tire. 5.5" wheel with a 180 tire from the factory.

Will the 190 fit, yes it will fit. the tire will be a little wider, but it will also be rolled in a little since it is designed for a 6" rim.

If I had a 600 I would be all over a 190 for $75. You wont find a 180 new from a shop for less than $120 for any of the current sport tires. I dont know where someone said you can get a new 180 for the same amount of money as he paid for the 190.

G

·
i can get a 180 here from a shop for 110

and i didnt say SAME amount. i said a little over. 35 bucks to me aint that much. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
skip the 190 and stay away from Dunflops. You need to hit up R1Abuser or mjhzn6 on the Kansas City forums... they'll get you squared away with some take offs at a very good price. If take offs arent your thing, either of those guys can get you new tires cheaper than a shop would charge ya. PM either of those guys, I promise you won't be sorry you did.

edit: I had mjhzn6 mount up a PR-4 180/55/17 take off. $55 for the tire + mounting and balancing... beat that deal. So far I've put about 1,100 miles on the rear, it should see about 2,500+. Not super high miles out of the soft rubber... but for $110 I'll get about 5,000 miles out of two rears that were mounted and balanced. Most shops around town want at least $30 just to do the mount and balance. You do the math.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by modularmind

Most shops around town want at least $30 just to do the mount and balance. You do the math.
Do you remove both your rims, and take them to the shop? or do you bring your bike in? Because i know a shop that charges $70 to mount and balance both tires (if you bring in the bike) but they only charge $15 if you bring them the rims only.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by Jaxn

Do you remove both your rims, and take them to the shop? or do you bring your bike in? Because i know a shop that charges $70 to mount and balance both tires (if you bring in the bike) but they only charge $15 if you bring them the rims only.
if you have lots of money, ride it up there, if not, take em off..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by carbonr1

if you have lots of money, ride it up there, if not, take em off..
well thats a given... i will most definitely take my rims off and bring them to the shop... the reason for my previous post was to see if there was that drastic of a difference in labor prices here in los angeles versus kansas. i wasnt asking whether it was worth it to take my rims off or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.