Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite new to riding. My '01 zx6r has Dunlop d207's on it and I am quite satisfied with the grip:D. On holiday I've been riding my bro's '00 CBR600F and with the same tires, I had almost no grip compared to my bike:(. Ok, they were worn just a bit more than the ones on my bike, but what can you suggest for somewhat dirty roads for my bro. By the way playing around with tire pressure, we came to a bit better grip, but giving throttle or shifting down while braking for a red light results with a spinning or blocking rear on his bike. While he is in Turkey where the temperatures over there are quite higher, does it effect the grip results? Any comments?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I had the D207's and they were fine. I did find them kinda slipery when it was cold or damp outside. They did seem to need heated up a bit before I felt confident on them.

And the temp outside will effect grip alittle bit. The warmer the tires the better they grip, to a point ofcourse.

When my 207's were toast, I went with BT010 on the front and a BT020 on the rear and absolutely love them. They offer what feels like identical grip to my 207's but they seem to stick much better on cold wet days. And I should get more miles out of them.

I will never go back to D207's. But I hear Dunlops 208's are pretty damned good...

I think most will agree hear that the D207's weren't super great tires, not bad tires but not great, so almost any street supersport tire will probably be better...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.