Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would, but theres gonna be a slight pinch affect.
about a 1/2" too small rim on the 6...
unless its free, or VERY cheap, id go with the recommended size.
What do you mean a pinch effect? I have a chance on getting a set for a pretty good price with the front being 120/70/17

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, the wheel is just a tad to narrow. so its going to pinch the tire in slightly. messes with the profile just a bit.
But the handling will be ok? I am not going to race it. I am only going to do street riding and some twisties at times.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
BT what?

·
Registered
477 Posts
But the handling will be ok? I am not going to race it. I am only going to do street riding and some twisties at times.
It will handle differently. Slower going into a turn. Personally I would keep the 180.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
It will handle differently. Slower going into a turn. Personally I would keep the 180.
Not necessarily. Because it's on a narrower wheel its going to have a different profile than it would on a 6 inch wheel, most likely just going to be taller than the 180/55, which will have an effect on the geometry of the bike. But yes, I would just stay with the 180.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't do it, It will turn in slower. Ive tried one with a 190, it handles ok, but it wont respond the way you want in the initial turn. Nimble is the key. Stick with the 180.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts