Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a nail in my back tire,,,,and to fix it i just did it on my own,, the plug kit, should i get a new tire??

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
There's a lot of debate on this subject...When I get nails in my tires (2 tires so far) I just replaced them...I'm not going to risk taking the life of a girl on the back, let alone mine....You're call, lots of people here have plugged their tire with some to no problems at all.

·
Registered
714 Posts
How many miles are on the tire? If it's pretty new I can understand wanting to plug it. I think if you track it or ride it hard you should replace the tire. Others say a plug is ok. Me, I'd replace it. I just had this happen too, but the tire was worn 4300 miles so it was a perfect time to upgrade to the Corsa III's (Love them).

·
Registered
714 Posts
I got my corsa's, both front and rear for $300 + mounting, which is about average. If you're replacing your Battleaxe, I think 120-140 for the rear is normal, plus mounting. Check around, thats just a guestimate.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I just plugged my rear today also. I've never heard of anyone having a blowout or anything bad with a plugged tire. This will be my third tire that I've ridden with a plug and one of them had 2 in it. One of them the tire did leak slowly back out though. I'm hard on my tires too and ride people on the back with no problems. That being said, if the plug is on the side I would change the tire and I wouldn't take a plugged tire to the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts