Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't give enough praise to the Metzler Sportech M-1! They are exponentially better than the old dunlop 207. I bought M-1's for both front and rear. The tires love to lean, almost too much!

Excellent grip! Extreme confidence at all lean angles.

If you look for more M-1 reviews on the internet you'll have difficulty finding a negative one. Metzler is definatley the hottest tire on the market right now

..sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like a sales pitch;)
..but it's a really good tire

·
Registered
266 Posts
ok guys its that time when i have to buy new rear tire. i went to my local shop and they're charging me an arm and a leg roughly about $ 190 mounted and everything. well i went to knee draggers .com and i cehecked the same tires for about 40 to 70 dollars less. well im intrested on buying the 207 dunlop 180/55/17 for 110 and the metzler sportech m-1 supersport tires for 114. & d208zr for 120. if any you guys have bought any of these tires let me know your experiences with them.

thank you

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Sportec M-1 often rates better than the D207 ZR. If you like Dunlop tires, consider the D208 ZR, which replaces the D207 ZR.

For more on road tires, check out this article.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get a front 208 to fit your 6r?

My 6r front tire is a 120/65. I don't think dunlop makes the 208 in that size.

·
Registered
81 Posts
One more vote for the Sportecs. I've run 207's, BT010's and now the M-1's. The Bridgestones are great, but the Metzelers are amazing.

Red
AMA #439394

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.