·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Pilot Powers baby

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a set of D218 for free, but they are terrible tires. I want to try out the qualifiers. I used to have the pirellie dragon supercorsas, and I really liked them, but they are track tires and fuckin expensive. Just wanted some other people's opinions.

--Nate

·
Registered
560 Posts
ive never actually tried the powers, but i intend to my next set, so i cant really vote against them, i have however ran 2 sets of the qualifiers, and other than the relatively short life span, i love em. tires dont last long anyway, so i figure if i cant afford to replace them, i cant really afford to ride in the first place?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got about 1300 miles on stock now. It's doing fine except I need keep the rear pressure around 36ish to prevent slipping since I'm like 150lb. Debating if I should pick up PP or M3. I ran canyons exclusively. Any good inputs on this???

·
Registered
469 Posts
You need to get your suspension in the rear done. You shouldnt have to have your pressure that high. You should keep it closer to 28-30 and be fine.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You didn't include the Metzeler M3's. They are the best IMO. Powers are great tires, but I think they have the name and that's the reason everybody gets them. Since tires are very wearable and good for limited miles, try a few different manufacturers and see which you like best. I'm sticking with Metz, tried the others and the M3's are far better, again IMO, but you may feel different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My qualifiers kick a$$, i was riding with a guy on a GSXR 600 with slicks and he was very impressed that i was able to pretty much keep up with these DOT tires.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet jesus I hate the D218's that I have. Good thing they were free. They slide all over the place and take f o r e v e r to heat up.[V]

--nate[:Repost]

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not quite sure, but I think I am gonna have to say the Pilot Powers are the way to go.:D I think those might be my next set. Now, if only I could burn through these damn 218's, but they are so very fucking hard, it makes it difficult. Oh well, more burnouts I guess.

--Nate

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by skippy141
You need to get your suspension in the rear done. You shouldnt have to have your pressure that high. You should keep it closer to 28-30 and be fine.
The manufacture suggested pressure in the owners manual is 42 rear and 36 front. Why do you suggest a full 12 psi less? I thought I read some where about prepping your bike for the track the preferred pressure is 28-30, but why? Is that an appropriate tire pressure for the street too?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a Shinko hopefully on my doorstep in the morning, read pretty good things about them. Got it for $110 and a buddy that works on bikes in the kawi shop from my class is gonna throw it on for free so..im doing good i guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.