Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bout to buy some new rubber for my 05 636 any thoughts on tires for my ride? suggestions?

thnx

·
Registered
20 Posts
oyuve got a few choices on tires. its all about how much you want to spend. my favorite is the michelin pilot powers, the awsome. you also have the dunlop qualifiers, or the perelli diablo. those r the top 3. theres a site its sportbiketrackgear,com thats a bad ass site and they give really good deals thats were i got my pilot powers from.

jeff

·
Registered
510 Posts
+1 on the pilot powers. Continental has come out with a new Sport Attack, or something along that line. I'm curious to find out how those fare. I've been told many times over to avoid Dunlops at all cost. Most any tire should be decent for street riding though as long as you know your bike and your ability, and don't ride above your abilities.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by modularmind
Continental has come out with a new Sport Attack, or something along that line. I'm curious to find out how those fare.
I have a set of the Sport Attacks on one of my bikes and I have to say they're some of the best street tires I've been on in a long time. They have really good tire life, good traction in the wet, and are decent for track days as long as you don't push the pace too much. I found they do get a little greasy when you crank on them a lot, but as a street tire they're pretty hard to beat. And the price is nice, too. The only negative thing I can say about them is that the sidewalls a pretty stiff, and getting them on the rims required a little extra oomph.

I just ordered a set of the Pilot Powers from www.swmototires.com for my upcoming track day at the end of the month.

·
Registered
47 Posts
just got a set of pilot powers and will pick them up tomorrow. Cant wait to get some new rubbers. How long does it take to wear off the newness and usually how long to warm them up after that?

·
Registered
181 Posts
dunlope qualifiers is what i got on my scooter right now..id have to say..theyre alot beter than the 207s and 208s...if anyones gona go dunlop try those and only those..i havent tried em on the track but on the street they work damn good..i think ima try the m3s next then ill see what tiers to keep on..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by landon
ive got qualifiers and I like em :)
have u tried a track day with em yet??..or no..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.