Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whaazup riders. Recently graduated from an F4i to the new 636 and I've got nothin' but big love for this bike. I wanted to ask any fellow 636 riders if you're buzzing backroads and burnin' up laps on the track if your front tire is wearing at a faster rate than your rear tire is. I just switched to a set of Dunlop 208 Z's after completely wearing out the sides on my stock Bridgestones. Although there was lots of life left in the rear, the front was gone... i ride a lot of canyons and was just curious if anyone else with an '03 636 is experiencing this and what I can do to get more even wear. Thanks, and keep that shiney side up y'all... MarcG636...

·
Registered
202 Posts
my 89 zx7 was like that,come to think about my yzf600 was to.i now have a 98zx6r and the back is wearing alittle faster then the front.the front tire must be pushing,raze the rear 5mm and see how it does

·
Registered
32 Posts
That weird I have a 636 and I ride canyons very very hard and my rear goes much faster. Given I do alot of wheelies when I'm on the highway but either way the rear generally wears faster cause of the power. I'd go to a kawi shop and ask.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That does sound wierd. My bike has 3000 miles on it and my front still looks good but the rear is toast!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Same here, I eat up my rear tire way before I think my front tire is gone...

this is one of the reasons why I went with a BT010, BT020 combo, put a slightly harder tire on back and maybe they will wear out about the same time....

p.s.

And I don't think I"m too hard on my tires...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
that doesnt sound right, your back tire should wear out almost 2x's as fast. I usually replace the front tire every other rear tire. Could be an allignment problem maybe a unbalanced problem too. Is the wear on that front tire even? Or only on 1 side ect.. Also are they they same band and model as the rear.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I dunno, my last pair of tires saw a lot of track time and they were both finished at the same time and had to be changed because the sides were worn out. The oem pilot sports saw 90% street and the back wore out much quicker, and in the middle of the tire.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
tracks is much harder on the front tires...people dont tend to go into every turns hot, braking extemely hard on the front nearly doing a stoppie, pushing the bike over and continue to trail brake through the turn ;)

i think on avergae the rear will get more wear on the street, I know some street tires have alot deeper tread on the rear so they tend to wear out about the same time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys... i had a problem with suspension settings and everything is all good. Rear tire is wearing faster than the front now and I'm taking it to Streets of Willow to get serious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.