Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings yall,

My bike currently has approx. 4k miles on it. I have done the 600 mi service along with 2 oil changes.

Does my bike require any type of service for right now?
When should my bike be serviced next?

I ask only because I lossed my service book that came with the bike-clumsy me.:(

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ready for a list of things to check/service?

throttle control system
fuel hoses
air suction valve (if you havent blocked it off yet)
clutch adjustment
engine oil
oil filter
chain adjustment and check
tire check
brake pad inspect
brake light switch inspect
brake line check
brake fluid check
steering inspect
spark plug change

THis is all from my 04 manual and should be close to yours. A lot of this is more or less things you check all the time anyway, but the key ones are brakes and plugs. Also if your looking at your plugs you might as well take a look at the filter even though its said to be good till1 12,000 miles

·
Registered
547 Posts
I always do a little more than whats required. I start by washing the bike really good...when i take the plastics off i wash all the insides too. Go over all nuts and bolts too. Look for signs of leaking or wear on items. I would recomend getting a service manual though. They are expesive but will almost turn you into an instant zx6 machanic.

·
Registered
587 Posts
spark plugs at 4k ??? you got that part wrong buddy, plugs arent due till 7.5k, i just checked my service manual. everything else seems right

·
Registered
547 Posts
Originally posted by KnightRider
spark plugs at 4k ??? you got that part wrong buddy, plugs arent due till 7.5k, i just checked my service manual. everything else seems right
Like i said i was going off my 04 manual and so there could of been a difference, and there was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.