Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody got info on whats involved,to fit zx9 motor in a 97 zx7,i have motor already just need to know what else to get for the conversion.very hard to get info down here in australia.im still trying to get track fairings, nightmare, and crazy expensive,not much available here for this bike,cant find anyone who will send them to oz,anyone got any contacts who will at reasonable rate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i know BGR raceing sells a conversion kit for an easy swap i think you can use a 94 thru 96 engine heres a link to there site http://brgracing.com/zx7-9.html and if you look around i rember seeing a write up on the whole swap but i think its pretty straight forward with the conversion kit was thinking about doing it to mine but cant find a cheap engine

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey leeroy... what yr zx9r motor do u have???

if its 94-97 it should bolt right up.. all except the left front motor mount.. everything else works.. but id get the zx9r carbs.. or fcr39 flatslides.. the zx7r comp revs higher.. but it all works..

ive had it like this on my 92 zx7r, then swapped it into my 99zx7r and i had it like this for the last 9 yrs no probs... just a little more vibration due to the left front mount not in...

98 and up zx9r will not bolt right up.. ive seen those motors in zx7rs but it took a lot of work.. cuttin and welding the frame..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts