Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is THE question...

I am talking about whether or not anyone has disconnected their gauges so that they don't see how fast they're going. Apparently, I've heard that a few have said that if they see how fast they're going, they'll get scared and lose concentration. So it's like a mind game for them, they rather not know. Personally, I say if you're going that fast that if you knew how fast you were going, you would get scared... then you're just STUPID. I just go fast and talk about how fast I went the next day to my buds.

So thats that aspect of it, and there's another reason..as well, it has to do with mileage...

Any one unplug it? And why?

~Jij

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
keep the guages plugged in......vital stuff going on there.

Unplug the sensor fot the speedo pick up .....alot easier.

If you so wish.

Jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
i've seen people put tape over the spedo i'll tuck my mirrors down when i'm riding on our little track. otherwise i think i should know how fast i'm going

·
Registered
934 Posts
I don't know about the U.S., but isn't that one of those dumbass laws over here in good ol' Canada that you must have a working speedometer? I know it's RARELY enforced (I've seen tons of custom choppers without'em) but IF you get pinched for speeding and get the right prick of a cop... Could just add to the headaches.

Hmmm, instead of just unplugging the speedo hook-up, could maybe put a cockpit on/off switch on it ... for those times when you really didn't wanna know. [8D]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
that might be the stupedist thing i've heard....more stupid than spelling stupid wrong..if you were going that fast you'd need to concentrate..and why would a number scare you..if anything should it should be the illusion of speed or wiping out..just don't look down

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just asking...my bad. A simple "No, don't do it," would have been acceptable.

I'm gonna go hung my bike now. Thanks.

~Jij

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I saw a few guys taping it off for the track. I think for street use cutting it off would be illegal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know how the Kawi speedo works, but I know on my cage(WRX) if I disconnect the speedo the car won't go above 3000rpm. Lets see someone steal my car with only 3000rpm, not a very fast getta way car.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wouldn't take it out. Maybe they took theirs out so they wouldnt rack up the milage!
I have taken mine out and riddin with it like though. It's kinda cool but I only did that to work on the gauges. It's more important that they stay in.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
dont know about anyone else, but when I'm concentrating, I dont have time to check out my speed anyway...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You have to keep it plugged in so you can show off about how bad you passed by the cops...I mean.
I'd thik it's dangerous, bikes aren't like cars. They have less fuses and less computers in them, everything goes through everything else. Something is bound to mess up...

I'd do it for the mileage, but then again you can just buy a new guage with 0 on it can't ya.
If anything, I'd tape it. Not disconnect it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.