Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has bought a steering damper yet and has had to deal with the problem that every steering damper except gpr comes with some kind of gold trim on it. The only problem is that our bikes do not have any gold color to them at all and I'd hate to have a big gold Scotts damper sticking out on the tree. I really like the hyperpro red, but even those have a lot of gold color on them. Has anyone added other aftermarket gold parts to their bikes to make the dampers blend in (gold chains, exhaust pieces), or do most people just get gpr red ones? Maybe I'm just being too anal... but I just want my nice new 636 SE to look its best :D. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't even know what a steering damper is??? but I say go for whatever looks best. That's the whole reason why we got the SE correct?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you have to take your Scotts all apart, so you will have to rebleed it when you get it back, or can you just pull the internals out of it with out messing anything up? I would really like to get a Scotts if this isn't that big a deal to have done.

And it is being bought for purpose (cost isn't an issue), it would just be a plus if it kinda matched my bike...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Originally posted by mustang90
Did you have to take your Scotts all apart, so you will have to rebleed it when you get it back, or can you just pull the internals out of it with out messing anything up? I would really like to get a Scotts if this isn't that big a deal to have done.

And it is being bought for purpose (cost isn't an issue), it would just be a plus if it kinda matched my bike...
Yes, I did/do. But I feel that it's gonna be worth it not to see the gold "bling". A friend of mine is actually going to help me put it back together, as he's already done this, 'cept he powdercoated his. He warned me against this as there was a considerble amount of shaving he had to do to the ppowdercoat to get it back together.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
arowana 1027, where did you send your damper to get anodized and did you just tell them to do it silver or is it getting done locally so you could see the color it would be when finished.

·
Registered
63 Posts
gpr makes a red for the 05-06 636(same application according to gpr) but the only problem is gpr is the only one who has them and there not cheap.Ive got the same issue.The black or titanium would be kool.Pit bull makes a red but i dont know of anybody or heard any feedback on them as of yet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Originally posted by mustang90
arowana 1027, where did you send your damper to get anodized and did you just tell them to do it silver or is it getting done locally so you could see the color it would be when finished.
Did a google search and found a company in Mobile. It aint gonna be cheap, but for the effect I want I don't care. Put 'anodising in "your state"' in google and see what pops up. Then research. You could also just put in "anodising" and get about a trillion hits to search through. I asked that the color match my bike as closely as possible and they suggested a pewter like silver color(forgot what he called it). If I'm not happy with the color he'll do it again for free, but it will have to be silver or black then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.