Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Henry....Just got my 09 Ninja 500R (Black) today from Camrod Motorsports in NYC! Its a great beginner bike, But It feels Shweeeeet on the road.
Anyway, just want to introduce myself and say Hello to all my fellow 500R owners!
Cheers!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got pics? Been a toss up between the 250 and the 500. Just wanna see diff pics than what's on Kawasaki's site.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Forgot to mention...

Pics are requested if the '09 is any different from the earlier models

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats my cousin with the new 500, He's out of town, but we plan on taking pics of both his 500r and my new 650r soon as we get a chance. It been raining around Jersey lately so , no good pics yet.

fyi, I don't see much difference in the 09. Maybe another 500r owner would tell, but I can't.

·
Registered
33 Posts
pics of the 03 blue ninja for camparison to the 09

not the best pics or the greatist looking bike p/o dropped it good and plasics are expensive but not too bad for garage pics:cool:
will take some outside pics from further away if wanted...

·
Registered
29 Posts
a 2008 but red isn't an option for the 2009 500s :p

I know a lot of people hate how the 500s look and would rather buy a 250 for the looks. But COME ON!! The Ninja 500 is a STAR! I remember when I was a little kid and remember seeing sport bikes on the tv and they all resembled the 500r or WERE the 500r, such as the movie "True Lies" the villian raced down the streets with some mad stunts including making a jump from one sky scraper to another and landing in a pool. Also wasn't it a 500 in that Fast and furious movie? The Japanese brother chasing him and pulling out the ouzi guns taking some shots mid-stride?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWUrgOBFMUo

I love my 500, feels right; Smooth, powerful, and comfortable. Everything about it is logical and practical. (Well maybe excluding the turn signals) The Cyclops headlight is the best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i dont see the point in buying a 250r. yea the new one looks great but you will outgrow it REALLY quickly. then all you will have left is a good looking bike..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very few changes over many, many years, I think the most noticable is once they went from single to dual exhaust and the only thing I noticed from my 2004 when I had it, is they went to just a belly pan instead of a full front fairing...not a lot of difference, but you know it's good if they don't change it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Also wasn't it a 500 in that Fast and furious movie? The Japanese brother chasing him and pulling out the ouzi guns taking some shots mid-stride?
No. Those were dualsports. And the sportbikes earlier in the movie were Hondas; I think there was maybe a Yamaha or two in there as well. I don't remember. I have paused it before though and checked.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I bought the 500 thinking I would outgrow it in a few months. Had no problems keeping up with all the faster bikes in the canyons so I held on to it for almost two years.
Selling it now, though... gonna miss this bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well guys, I bought the 250R '08 and will be riding it as my first bike this summer... but I felt a little sad I wouldn't have a bike to tinker with on the side, so I picked up an '87 500R with a blown motor. Will be fun to fix this one up on the side :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love my 500, feels right; Smooth, powerful, and comfortable. Everything about it is logical and practical. (Well maybe excluding the turn signals) The Cyclops headlight is the best.
Right on!

I ride mine basically for daily commuting and maybe just cruise around a couple nights. I don't really need a supersport for that. The position some of those supersports put you in aren't so comfortable after a bit of riding...

And I have to concur, the Cyclops headlight is unique. I don't fancy the dual angry eye headlight design much...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I love the styling of the 250's, they look so much better!!! But I had a 500R as my first bike. Loved it, but then I upgraded to a zzr600! Love it too. The 500R is a great bike!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts