Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From AMA site ...

"Meanwhile, Kawasaki has not sat idly by. The green team entered '03 with huge hopes for their high-tech ZX-6RR, but were disappointed to find the trick machine lacking class-leading grunt. The nimble package still allowed Tommy Hayden to score four podiums, including a pair of wins and third in the championship.

Kawasaki modified the RR for '04 in order to correct its power deficit including such changes as new cams, larger intake valves, a revised intake system, and new gear ratios.

According to Hayden, the alterations have paid off. "It's a big improvement. I could tell right away that is a big step forward, and it has a lot more power. The suspension is the same, but last year we were already competitive even though we were pretty down on power. I think we should be right there in the mix for the championship."

Lots of lap times, pictures and info at

http://www.ussuperbike.com/article.php?UID=cZAbxr4f2PPF1i3sLVZ46odBCkQj0O&sc=1120&aid=2906

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, Tommy had the fastest time at Daytona. It was a 1:51 and some change. I'm just waiting for some dyno comparisons, and I will be getting a 04 ZX6RR for racing. It's either that or the 04 GSXR 600. I want the Kawi way more than the Suzuki.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.