Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how many of you have attended one of Tony's days, but I thought I'd share why Tony's is a bit different than a lot of other track days.

Full disclosure: I'm Tony's chief instructor, so I do have a vested interest in the organization's success.

Anyhow, I hear a lot of people say that they don't want to do a track day because they are nervous about riding with others who might be less skilled or more aggressive than they are, which causes anxiety about being taken out by an out of control rider. Tony and I have been to a fair amount of track days put on by other organizations and I must admit that it had crossed my mind as well. Both Tony and I are ex-racers, so it's not that we aren't accustomed to close passing and aggressive riding. But, when we ride as track day participants, we want a more relaxed and controlled atmosphere.

If you're like us, then you'll like our days. We have passing rules that are new-track rider friendly for the novice group and less stringent rules for the intermediate and advanced groups. Over the past 12 years, we've honed these rules so that they balance freedom and safety. When polled the vast majority of customers like the way we do things. We alos are more stict about people who ride too aggressively. We are often thanked by our customers when we intervene to settle an aggressive down rider. Everyone feels safer and more comfortable knowing that we will step in if necessary. FYI, it's not too often that we need to, because most people know of our "safety" reputation.

If you're looking for a track day that resembles an open race practice, then we are not for you. However, if you are an average street rider who wants to experience the benefits of riding on the racetrack (learning and FUN!) then you won't be disapointed by signing up with TTD.

What is your preference for track days; maximum freedom, or a safer, more controlled environment?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
My best friend did a day with you guys a couple months ago at NJMP and had only praise for your org. He's a seasoned rider with multiple trackdays under his belt. You'll never satisfy 100% of people at anything. But thanks for putting thought and effort into trying to do so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts