Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
kick ass![8D]
what race was that or was it just a track day?

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
158 Posts
it was from the barber motorsports park test last week, you can see more images from the test on amasuperbike.com.

meiring gets the award for first to gernade a motor on the track to.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Does Tommy's outside foot seem to be resting on the pegs on his arches rather than the balls of his feet? I thought you use the balls of your feet?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by micty

Does Tommy's outside foot seem to be resting on the pegs on his arches rather than the balls of his feet? I thought you use the balls of your feet?
Yes, he is using the arch of his foot. But, keep in mind that he is cornering left. His foot probably just happened to rest there from him positioning himself to make the turn. Also, another reason for him doing it that way is so he can make minor rear brake inputs.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I do the same thing in harder cornering for some reason. I swap my outside foot to the arch and run the inside toe up on the ball. Dunno why, it just feels better setting up for the turns that way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
those may be some sort of transmitter for the bike to the pits.. im just pulling that out of my ass tho i know nothing about motorcycle racing..

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is the sensor for the datalogging device.
this measures the actual rotation of the rear wheel so this will give a correct reading of what the rear wheel was doing.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
-gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should put best's pics on the banner!

·
Registered
108 Posts
are you guys sure its a transmitter or sensor for datalogging? to me those look like swingarm brackets for the stand??? theres one on each side. plus there is no spool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.