Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking for a bike for my buddy recently and found something interesting on cycletrader. apparently there's a dealer in shelbyville kentucky called Derby Cycles Llc. that has advertised two bikes on cycletrader for bout 4k under retail. i don't see how they can do it. it just sounds too good to be true.

has anyone ever heard of Derby Cycles? are they legit? i emailed them to ask if one of those bikes was still available and someone actually replied and said yes. i might call them today to see what the deal is.

also, has anyone ever had a bike delivered? do they throw it on a truck and bring it to you?

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DERBYCYCLES.COM
Created on: 07-Oct-03
Expires on: 07-Oct-10
Last Updated on: 07-Jul-08

At least their website wasn't created last week....but those dates look a little strange maybe?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yeah I've heard of them. Was going to order a set of 2ct's from them. My friend tried to order a set of road 2's from them, but they said they don't ship to Canada...seems ok to me...Pay via credit card and you should have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea...I just called and talked to someone there about the bikes. I asked him how they can sell them so cheap and he said that they're 07's and the factory just had some left over. they do have some 08's in inventory for regular price. I asked him about delivery and stuff...he said they can ship me the bike (generally $500-$700) but he thinks it would be better for me to come and get it. i just calculated it...it would cost me about $300 in gas to get there and back.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Yea...I just called and talked to someone there about the bikes. I asked him how they can sell them so cheap and he said that they're 07's and the factory just had some left over. they do have some 08's in inventory for regular price. I asked him about delivery and stuff...he said they can ship me the bike (generally $500-$700) but he thinks it would be better for me to come and get it. i just calculated it...it would cost me about $300 in gas to get there and back.
so go get it before its gone & you miss out on a great deal ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
The dealer I go to in Lexington actually told me to go check out bikes there earlier this year when I was searching, they said they have pretty good deals. So call them up and talk to them.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good. i've just got to figure out when i have time to go get it. i can't go this weekend or next weekend. i wonder if i could convince them to hold it for me till 2 weeks from now

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
sounds good. i've just got to figure out when i have time to go get it. i can't go this weekend or next weekend. i wonder if i could convince them to hold it for me till 2 weeks from now
just get all the financing & sale part of it done & leave just signing left to do ;)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who finances anymore? it's a thing of the past. i hope they accept cash...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so should i try to talk them down at all? it's a $13000-$14000 bike they're advertising for $9k. i seriuosly doubt they come off the price at all. maybe i can play the "well i'm driving 9 hours to pick it up, why don't you throw in a helmet/jacket" card...

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
who finances anymore? it's a thing of the past. i hope they accept cash...
i hear that, cash or nothing for me :D i don't know what the bike is so i don't know what to try & tell ya to talk em down or just leave it, i'm sure you could get a helmet & maybe a jacket out of the deal lol

·
Registered
952 Posts
i've heard of these guys.. never heard any problems associated with them.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool thanks. maybe i'll buy it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts