Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I just started riding this bike and the other night I was doing first gear wheelies with no problem. I would just get it to 5500 chop the throttle and it would come right up. Yesterday I rode home from work and then went out to a parking lot and could not get the bike to wheelie. It was real hot out, like 90 and the water temp read 210 so Im wondering if it is harder to get the bike to wheelie without could air? I tried taking it to 7000-7500 and still no wheelie.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well bikes definately run better in the cool air but it should still come up with no problem.....
i havent run into that situtation yet but iti s also on in the 40's here today you lucky bastard[}:)]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats wierd..My bike will always come right up around 6-7 grand. Maybe you should get it looked at..assuming it isn't rider error..no offense.

·
Registered
558 Posts
sometimes in parking lots it just wont come up, only the ones with slick looking sufaces this happens. i think the tire doesnt catch properly it's weird tho cos it wont spin like a clutch spin. happened to me buncha times tho. can you usally pop it up in the same parking lot?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was In a different lot, they kicked me out of the first one, and it could very well be rider error. This is the first bike ive ever been able to wheelie so Im still new to it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Maybe you were having a bad wheelie day. Don't worry...just forget about'em for a while and it'll come back naturally.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Some days your timing is just off or you are doing something a little different. I have days when I will get it up and just can't keep it there to save my life. Then, sometimes I just can't shift when it is in the air. Even my stoppies suck some days. Just can't seem to get the feel of the brakes for some reason. Just forget about it and try it tomorrow is what I tell myself.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did one on my street last knight but it was real week. I think I just suck at wheelies and need more practice. It sure is easier to just blame the bike though!

·
Registered
82 Posts
see i have a different problem i can clutch it up in first and ride it out no problem but i cant seem to power wheelie to save my life ill take it to 6000rpm
then give wot and nothing it just grips the road and goes and i havent got the bounce in second yet either im thinking of going -1 in the front any suggestions.

keep one wheel up(you choose which one)

·
Registered
512 Posts
take it up to about 9000rpm then hit the throttle it will come up, but be ready it will come up fast.
2nd gear i clutch it about 9000-10000rpm's

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by BIKERBOY636
see i have a different problem i can clutch it up in first and ride it out no problem but i cant seem to power wheelie to save my life ill take it to 6000rpm
then give wot and nothing it just grips the road and goes and i havent got the bounce in second yet either im thinking of going -1 in the front any suggestions.

keep one wheel up(you choose which one)
Quick chop before you WOT. It will work. IMO just keep clutching up. Their easier that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.