Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I filled my 08 zx6r with 3.5 quarts of 10w 40 Maxum oil and the oil indicator says there's too much... what gives? I thought recommended spec was 4 quarts? Should I use less?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you did an oil and filter change then it should level off after you start the bike as the oil will fill into the filter a bit.

Also make sure you are on a level surface and the bike is sitting on its wheels.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you did an oil and filter change then it should level off after you start the bike as the oil will fill into the filter a bit.

Also make sure you are on a level surface and the bike is sitting on its wheels.
I did both of those things. I already rode the bike a few times now and it still says there is too much oil... Was 3.5 too much?

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
if it's too high in the sight glass then there's too much in the motor. drain some of it.

also a helpful tip, when the thread is already at the top of the forum(second from the top in this case) there's no need to bump it. especially 50 minutes after your last post.

·
Powerhungry
38,210 Posts

yes this.

did you actually drain the oil? with a filter, it should take 4 quarts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts