Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm preparing to store the bike for winter I put half a bottle of stabilizer in a full tank, i heard you actually only need to put a couple of ounces in. Will putting this much stabil in the tank fuck up anything on the bike??

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't know? How big of a bottle was the stabilizer? Make sure you run the bike for at least 5 minutes so the fuel circulates throughout the whole fuel system and make sure the tank is completly full. Does it say anything on the back of the bottle. It's usually about 1ounce per gallon.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well your system sure won't get "gummed up"... For that first tank of fuel in the spring your baby may not run to well but it's easy enough to drain the tank and start fresh! I really wouldn't worry about it until then...

Last year I think I used too much as well, the only outcome was that the power seemed to be lacking and the engine would "bog" until I got that "Stabil"d fuel out of the system.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
it will be fine. just when spring comes, but injector clean in it and run it hard:D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It won't hurt a thing. You just wasted a lot of stabilizer is all.

Originally posted by 41_fire
it will be fine. just when spring comes, but injector clean in it and run it hard:D
You don't need to get a fuel-injector cleaner or anything. If you got Stabil (which I am assuming is what you got), then it serves as a cleaner as well. Besides, the only reason you would need an FI cleaner would be if your injectors were gummed up...which they won't be since you have all that stabilizer in there in the first place.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.