Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after bitching and moaning and worrying about reliability, I finally just sucked it up, did a bunch of routine maintainance stuff, and hiked from Tampa to Daytona and back this weekend for Biketoberfest. Much to my satisfaction, the Ducati seemed to REALLY enjoy the ride...wasn't the most comfortable thing ever, but she seemed to really open up and run smooth as silk on the open road. Happy to report no problems at all. Purring like a kitten, starting up smooth every time, running 210 or less even in gridlock on Main Street for a half hour, cruising at 180 on the dot (a little less in cooler pockets)...pulling like a freight train and turning heads...you know, the usual. =)

Met a couple of Ducati guys that were hanging out late...didn't get in until about 8:30pm on Saturday. Met one guy with an INSANELY clean Sport Classic at the BP close to I-95.

My two sore spots that just about completely ruined the trip, though...parked the Ducati on main street in the bike lineup next to a few other guys I knew that I was hanging out with that night, and walked around only to come back not 5 minutes later to see someone using my mono tail as a FUCKING TABLE to eat their damn sausage sandwich bullshit. They had their aluminum foil spread out on my tail fairing like it was their own private breakfast nook. The fucker. I'm actually not very confrontational, so I walked up really quick and kinda just stared him down until he backed off. I didn't say anything to him, but I didn't have any other problems that night. Man that made me so furious. The nerve, right? But it got worse.

This morning I was at Denny's with the guys I rode to Daytona with, and we had a booth by the window so one of us could keep an eye on the bikes, and out of nowhere one of my buddies shouts, "Holy shit, get those *insert racial slur here* off our bikes!" So me and another guy get up and haul ass out of the restaurant practically shoving people out of the way, and run up to the bikes to see the dumbasses hop in a Ford Explorer with huge ass ghetto wheels and peel out of the parkinglot. Turns out the alarm on my old Kawasaki I sold to my friend went off when one of them sat on it, and it spooked them. Just a good thing the fuck head sitting on my Ducati didn't get a chance to pick it up off the stand...I just had these pictures in my head of the stand flipping up and him hopping off and slamming it on it's side... :(:([:M63][:M7][:M47][:M53] He left his god damn greasy hand prints all over my tank and tail, though. Fuckers. I swear, what's going on with people these days that they have so little god damn common fucking courtesy.

Sorry...it's still a fresh wound...really gets me riled up.

It was a fairly long ride, for me, to do 350 touring miles in about 16 hours...but the Duc handled it with incredible aplomb. I can still her the roar of the smooth Italian V-Twin echoing in my head. Mmmm...great sound track to fall asleep to. Just thought I'd share. :D My Kawi's still running great (or should I say 'my friend's Kawi')...I sold it to a buddy when I bought the Duc, and he rode it out with me to Daytona...man she sounds good revved out with that Akra pipe...hehehe It was almost orgasmic, to hear the 636 with full Akra Evo at about 14,000 RPM's and the desmoquattro litre italian V-twin with a FBF full system roaring at 8,000 to 10,000 both together...MAN it was a great sound.

Oh, and just for you nitwits wondering, the Duc rapes the 636 until about 120 or so, where the Kawi starts to even it out a little on the extreme top-end. But in top gear, the Duc just pulls instantly and feels like as long as you keep it pinned, she'll keep accelerating, to no end. She really slices through the wind. [:p]

·
Registered
259 Posts
SOund like a good time....

Nice way to handle the tailfairing dinner table.. I would have [:M110][:M95]

And I refuse to park my bike were I can't see it while inside... I will wait for a table just to get a window seat..

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
interesting story...but why are they "big ass ghetto wheels" as opposed to large diameter wheels? I just don't know what classifies them as "ghettto". Either way, I'd be pissed to see someone being on my bike....correction, I'd be pissed to see anyone other than a hot chick to be on or near my bike... And I will admit, if someone was on my stuff... I'd probably hit them with a racial slur, regardless of what their race is. I'm not confrontational either, until violated, not disrespected. And if they were to drop it...i'd have to take my buddy's keys and tail the losers until i smashed out a window or something...at least getting tag#'s

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Chicagois2
interesting story...but why are they "big ass ghetto wheels" as opposed to large diameter wheels? I just don't know what classifies them as "ghettto". Either way, I'd be pissed to see someone being on my bike....correction, I'd be pissed to see anyone other than a hot chick to be on or near my bike... And I will admit, if someone was on my stuff... I'd probably hit them with a racial slur, regardless of what their race is. I'm not confrontational either, until violated, not disrespected. And if they were to drop it...i'd have to take my buddy's keys and tail the losers until i smashed out a window or something...at least getting tag#'s
They were 'ghetto wheels' because they were the cheap bling...like the wheels you buy because they're cheap, huge, and shiny, and that's all you want. But yeah, I was pretty pissed. The way they hauled ass when the alarm went off made me think that maybe they were sizing them up to throw one of them in the truck. Made me pretty mad.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
k thanks for clearing that up. Not that i'm the racial peace keeper, I just encounter a lot of people that would've call them ghetto wheels, just because a black person was driving, or just because they were chrome and bigger than the standard 17 inches.... know what I mean? I just try 2 educate those folks, cause life shouldn't be lived with that mindset. But, from my understanding, you're calling em that because they're not lexani, vogue, pirelli, enkei, or suomo... correct? ok cool. I can't wait 2 go to a bike night or something, while not riding an ex500.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
As much as I wanna use my bike in public, it's stories like these that make me not wanna do it.

Why people can't learn to just keep their fucking hands to themselves I'll never understand. You wouldn't eat off of someone else's car would you? You wouldn't sit on someone else's car would you? THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU THINK ITS OK TO DO IT ON A MOTORCYCLE?!

A Duc no less! The nerve to eat your dirty ass sausage off of a Duc...that takes some balls.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But, from my understanding, you're calling em that because they're not lexani, vogue, pirelli, enkei, or suomo... correct? ok cool. I can't wait 2 go to a bike night or something, while not riding an ex500.
Right. They were like the spinner-hubcaps of the large-shiney-wheel styles...[:p] I mean they even looked cheap from a distance. Like an AutoZone Special or something. Now you don't have to have Lexani's to have non-ghetto wheels, but these were just bleh. I'm not even a fan of that style, and I could tell they were cheap wheels. =)

Originally posted by FightingFalcon
As much as I wanna use my bike in public, it's stories like these that make me not wanna do it.

Why people can't learn to just keep their fucking hands to themselves I'll never understand. You wouldn't eat off of someone else's car would you? You wouldn't sit on someone else's car would you? THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU THINK ITS OK TO DO IT ON A MOTORCYCLE?!

A Duc no less! The nerve to eat your dirty ass sausage off of a Duc...that takes some balls.
Of course, I agree...I met a couple guys there that were really cool, and one had a REALLY sweet looking ultra-customized stunted streetfighter SV 1000, and I was just hanging out with that guy and wandering around, and then all of a sudden I was like, "What the fuck...is that guy eating ON my Ducati?!" it was one of those 'I can't believe it' moments. But the guy sitting on the bike was worse, to me, because the kickstand on the Ducati automatically retracts when you lift the bike up, and you have to hold it out with your foot when you're setting it down otherwise it'll just spring back up again...so if that guy had stood the bike up off the stand then hopped off, she would have gone down. I chain-smoked like four cigarettes in the parking lot just to calm down a little bit, after that one. I need to get an alarm, ASAP, and set the perimeter to like 5 or 6 feet.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
ah...now i remember why i didn't want to take the 636 to Daytona...thanks for the confirmation.....what's the deal with people these days? On the flip side, I get agitated if someone is closer than 2 feet so, maybe i should calm down a bit, but iyt's the principle of the matter, ya know?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
honestly, now that I think about it... I have messed with other people's bikes before. Maybe it's because I KNOW how to handle a bike, maybe it's because I can and will assume responsibilty for my actions, maybe it's cause I'm a manager/supervisor and I feel like I have authority. Who knows, but even after reading your post today, I was in the lot today and I touched someone's zx636...just to see how his solo seat cowl felt. Stuck a (finger)nail in the tire to see how soft they were. Grabbed his grip to see how squishy it was. I woulda tried to go out and find the owner and ask him for some permission, but that takes forever. If anything were to happen, I woulda went inside, called a meeting, and found out who's ninja that was and dealt with the damages

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joonyaboy -> I get agitated when people are close, too. So them SITTING on it just feels like they molested my bike. Terrible feeling. It was a lot of fun, but the guys I went with pretty much ruined it...bitching and complaining about leaving after we had only been there for four hours, and had only been on Main Street for like an hour or so...I just picked the wrong group of guys to go with.

chicagois2 -> I understand where you're coming from, and the fact that you are responsible enough to pay for the damages is comforting (not too many people out there like that), but I still just wouldn't ever do it. When we were at the gas station (me and the dude with the streetfighter SV) the filler truck was trying to get out, and he asked us to move this chromed stretched and lowered Hayabusa so he could get out, and both of us instantly were like, "Not gonna happen, man. You can move it yourself, if you really want to, or you can run the bitch over, but I'm not gonna touch it." It's just really taboo, to me.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
"Not gonna happen, man. You can move it yourself, if you really want to, or you can run the bitch over, but I'm not gonna touch it." It's just really taboo, to me.
Unless I had express written consent from the owner of the bike to move/touch it, I wouldn't go anywhere near it. Some people are extremely protective of their bikes. To the point of using physical violence just for looking at their bike the wrong way...

There's a fellow 636 on my campus and I've been extremely tempted to leave a note on it with my phone number in case the guy wants to meet up but I can't do it. God knows that the second I go to leave the note, the bike will either tip over or the guy will come over and freak out. I just drool over his bike and continue on my way. Maybe one of these days I'll catch him getting on/off his bike but I won't dare even leave a note on it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Falcon

LEAVE THE NOTE, today when I was headed out, I was going to leave a business card and say call me let's ride...or come up to my office tomorrow.... But the bike was gone. I say you get a piece of paper, put a roll of tape on the back and just walk up and slap it on the inside of the windshield, where the cops leave parking tickets. Tell him that I told you to do it lol.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Falcon

LEAVE THE NOTE, today when I was headed out, I was going to leave a business card and say call me let's ride...or come up to my office tomorrow.... But the bike was gone. I say you get a piece of paper, put a roll of tape on the back and just walk up and slap it on the inside of the windshield, where the cops leave parking tickets. Tell him that I told you to do it lol.
lol if i left it anywhere, id leave it underneath the strap on his passanger seat. we'll see...he's got some chicken strips but im not one to talk since ive crashed twice lol

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Glad things seem to have worked out okay for you.. You still have your bike, and it's the same as it was when you left on it... and you're alive.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The balls of some people and how they disrepect others property. Speaking of disrepect, what racial slur did was used when you confronted the person was eating on you bike?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

lol if i left it anywhere, id leave it underneath the strap on his passanger seat. we'll see...he's got some chicken strips but im not one to talk since ive crashed twice lol
I was thinking under the strap, but that's assuming he's got the stock 636 seat...apparently he does. My guy had a solo cowl

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i don't even want my own fingerprint on my bike, so why would I want a note or a business card. This bike is a luxury for me, so i just treat her like she's royalty, and nobody's getting near the queen :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Damn, some ppl have no respect for other ppl's stuff. I probably would have walked up to him and said something obnoxious like "hey I'm gonna go get some food, you mind if I sit in you car to eat it?" If he still didn't get the hint, I hope I'd keep a cool head.

I go and check out other bikes when I see em, but I'm not touching anything unless the owner specifically says its cool.

·
Registered
577 Posts
honestly, now that I think about it... I have messed with other people's bikes before. Maybe it's because I KNOW how to handle a bike, maybe it's because I can and will assume responsibilty for my actions, maybe it's cause I'm a manager/supervisor and I feel like I have authority. Who knows, but even after reading your post today, I was in the lot today and I touched someone's zx636...just to see how his solo seat cowl felt. Stuck a (finger)nail in the tire to see how soft they were. Grabbed his grip to see how squishy it was. I woulda tried to go out and find the owner and ask him for some permission, but that takes forever. If anything were to happen, I woulda went inside, called a meeting, and found out who's ninja that was and dealt with the damages
Next time I'm near your town, I'll be sure to saddle up to your doorstep, walk right into your home, maybe stroke your wife's titty, head down the hall to the crapper, and leave you a nice 7 inch turd. Don't worry, I'll leave some matches and a can of aerosol. Maybe even a note of thanks with the seat down. I'm responsible like that.

[V]

Man, change your habits. That's just NOT cool.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.