Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to this forum, bought my 03 blue 636 last week. Love it, already have 250 miles on it. Anyway...
I made my own fender elimnator with "L" brackets, took off my stickers (except tank kawasaki for obvious reasons) and I unscrewed my front relectors on the front fender, but now there are empty screw holes, and I don't have any matching screws. The threads are really weird. Anyone know where I could find some of these? Or if I could get blue leds to put in there or something... Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

-btw, it doesn't help hold the fender on, it's just a screw for the reflector

This is a pic off of Sport Rider, I photoshopped the fender and stickers off, then I cut and pasted that Micron on there (ordering it next week, was seeing what it would look like)
This is a different model though, as the reflector is in a different spot. (rectangle below) however, I circled the screw where my reflector was, and now there's a hole...sorry for the confusion....as I was saying, any ideas appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There are two screws you remove from the mudguard that go into the undertail that fit PERFECTLY in the spot the front reflectors were in... use those. They look just like the lower screw, with the same hex head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming I don't need the mudguard then? Did you guys take them off? I would think it would keep the underside of my bike cleaner longer, but does it make that much of a difference?

-my parents live in milton, ON, how close is that to guelph?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Milton is about 15 minutes east of Guelph... not far at all... we regularly ride around the Milton area.

And sorry, I guess I jumped the gun there and assumed you got rid of the mudguard, the vast majority of members here have. The mudguard does keep the undertail cleaner, but have you SEEN the lines of this bike without that huge honkin' mudguard???

If you do decide you want to take it off... here's a link to a thread that discusses removing it... and for pics... here's another link.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you dont want to use the ones from your mudguard, then simply unscrew the reflector from the threaded bolt behind it. That will hold you over until you can order a couple from the dealer or find another match.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Your not confusing the mud gaurd for the hugger are you.
The mudgaurd is the ONLY thing on the entire bike that is absolutely hideous. The hugger is a nice painted plastic piece that goes about 1/2" over the rear tire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the mudguard was the black thing here (aka hugger)

ninjakal has attached this file: -zx6r_photoshopped_just_kawa_and_pipe_mudguard.jpg

If you're talking about the rear fender, where the rear turn signals are, then yes, I did take that off. The screws from the rear fender didn't seem to fit the threads correctly. They went in about 2 turns, then stopped. Do I have to force them in?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 2 silver allen screws that mounted the mudguard to the rear fender. you loosened them from inside the storage compartment. The head of those 2 screws looks exactly like the ones that are right above were the reflector used to be. They should fit perfectly, do not force them in. Lube them and try it again if you have to. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.