Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've taken her out on the bike like twice before. The first time was back in winter and she was freezing her butt off after about 5 min so i cut that ride short. The second time was a few months back and that was only around the neighborhood.

I always thought she never really liked it too much so I'd never ask her if she wanted to go for a ride. Well yesterday I took her out for a ride and said to myself what the hell why not do a couple of 2 up wheelies. Well I did 2 little 1st gear power ups, nothing major just about 2-2/12 ft. off of the ground. I take her back home and she tells me, "i love riding your bike, i want u to take me for a ride out on $%##%# road so we can go really fast. I wanna go really, really fast."

I never would've guessed I had a riding partner so close to home lol. She even went as far as to say that she was not scared of the wheelies in fact she loved them and why did I not do some higher ones with her on the back. Next time I'll be clutching up 2nd gear with her and ride them a bit longer to see if she still likes them.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Along with the other comments about being careful, it's cool that it's turned out that your wife really enjoys riding.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Just be careful with that, man. Not just the wheelie, but also taking her for a ride. My gf loves it too and sometimes it's hard to get out by myself. I like her to come along, but I also like tearing it up with the guys and can't really do that with her on the back.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I finally convinced my wife to let me try a wheelie with her on. I only do 1st gear power ups. The firt couple tries were a little jerky, but now they are much smoother, a bit higher, and a little longer, and she enjoys them now:D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
didnt u wreck doing a wheelie just by urself??

And? I really don't see your point. Doing 1st gear power ups or cluthing 2nd just high enough to ride them out a bit is not the same thing as messing around speeding up and slowing down bp wheeelies which is how i fell.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
just be careful man, I know a few people who have dumped their wives/gf's off the back doing wheelies, it's not pleasant.

I know. That's why I started her off with little 1st gear power ups to get her used to it coming up off the ground. Trust me guys this woman is everything to me and I take very good care of her. I just wanted her to have a little fun.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Originally posted by lucile636turbo

And? I really don't see your point. Doing 1st gear power ups or cluthing 2nd just high enough to ride them out a bit is not the same thing as messing around speeding up and slowing down bp wheeelies which is how i fell.
I think the fact that you have crashed before doing a wheelie actually makes you safer with her on the back, you know where the limit is. I am still experimenting with bp wheelies and I'm having a little trouble knowing how far I can go without crashing. I get it to bp but then I get scared, let off and just end up chasing the front wheel to redline. I wish I had a stunt bike that I didn't care about looping to practice on.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My personal opinion is that you are careless. If you truly care for your girl, dont do stupid and dangerous shit with her on the back. Its one thing to gamble with your own safety....its totally different to do so with her own.

G

·
yup ^ obviously she has no idea of the risks involved. she's too busy enjoying the ride. its up to the rider to show responsibility. im sure u are being very careful. but accidents CAN happen.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by FLOJOE

I think the fact that you have crashed before doing a wheelie actually makes you safer with her on the back, you know where the limit is. I am still experimenting with bp wheelies and I'm having a little trouble knowing how far I can go without crashing. I get it to bp but then I get scared, let off and just end up chasing the front wheel to redline. I wish I had a stunt bike that I didn't care about looping to practice on.
thanks man.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by nick041881
My personal opinion is that you are careless. If you truly care for your girl, dont do stupid and dangerous shit with her on the back. Its one thing to gamble with your own safety....its totally different to do so with her own.
How am I being careless? How am I gambling with her life? I've yet to see someone die from doing a 1st gear power up. Get a grip and save the holier than thou crap for someone else.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
yup ^ obviously she has no idea of the risks involved. she's too busy enjoying the ride. its up to the rider to show responsibility. im sure u are being very careful. but accidents CAN happen.
Ok I do agree with you on this Marc. It is up to me show responsibility. But my wife is well aware of the risks involved. However, just like me, my wife enjoys things that give her an adrenaline rush and she is by no means affraid to fall.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Originally posted by lucile636turbo

How am I being careless? How am I gambling with her life? I've yet to see someone die from doing a 1st gear power up. Get a grip and save the holier than thou crap for someone else.
Hey you do what you want, but the point was generally passengers don't know the risk and expect you to be spot on and are trusting that if your doing it, you know exactly what your doing. Even then accidents happen, and yes plenty of ppl have died looping their bikes trying to do power wheelies. If anything just be aware of that fact and don't think that it can never happen. Passengers require a little more responsibility.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think its great. Good for you man. I wish I could find me a wife that wants to ride and do wheelies. Yeah yeah be carefull, as if your being careless with your wife on the back. Accidents do happen, so be carefull on the way to the store in the mini-van too. You have to be fricken retatrded to not recognize the fact that when your on a motorcyle your taking risks, and I'm sure she realizes this. A guy that stunts around here 2 ups with his girl hanging off the back upside-down and backwards. I hear from some of the other guys how stupid it is. But she abviously has a blast doing it and has been down b4 with road rash and everything(and shes smokin hot).

·
Registered
418 Posts
i am not trying to be holier than thou, but even a first gear dump would wipe your wives skin off. was she wearing a jacket and gloves?next time you will be clutching up second gear wheelies with her on because she likes it? i hope that for your wives sake, that you at least explain the risks to her (that you have already crashed once doing a wheelie) and that you equip her with helmet, jacket, and gloves. i think it is a bad idea to do and i believe that my criticism is warrented.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,507 Posts
Man...I'd hate myself if my g/f so much as got bruised because of something I did. I take her for rides and stuff, but I ride like a saint...most of the stuff we do are back-roads mini-touring trips, just seeing the sights and stuff. I guess I calmed down a little quick for my age, but I just can't justify risking her health and suffering just because she wants me to. Now if she wants to go get her own bike, hell yeah, that'd be awesome, and she can do whatever she wants on it, but as long as she's on the back of my bike, I'm responsible for her, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep her safe, which means not taking risks beyond those involved in normal riding.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
Man...I'd hate myself if my g/f so much as got bruised because of something I did. I take her for rides and stuff, but I ride like a saint...most of the stuff we do are back-roads mini-touring trips, just seeing the sights and stuff. I guess I calmed down a little quick for my age, but I just can't justify risking her health and suffering just because she wants me to. Now if she wants to go get her own bike, hell yeah, that'd be awesome, and she can do whatever she wants on it, but as long as she's on the back of my bike, I'm responsible for her, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep her safe, which means not taking risks beyond those involved in normal riding.
Maybe I'm old for my age too[B)], or its just that I'm new to riding, but I agree 100%.
I dont see myself riding with a passenger until I have more exp anyway, but when/if I do, I certainly will not be pushing it.

But, for everyone else, if your passenger understands and accepts the risks, do your thing and be safe.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.