Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the wife is happy with her new 250. Guess that makes me happy.
2009 250 with
-flushmount front signals
-pink body work and cutom painted tail / tank
-aftermarket rear signals
-lowering links
-gsxr 750 exhaust
-frame sliders

They wanted to sell the original special edition farings for another $400 but I passed. The only things I need to do to it are:
1) Jet the carb---it seems to be running a little lean. They put the exhaust on about 200 miles ago so it shouldnt have done too much damage.
2) They put a relay in to slow the blinkers down...that needs to come out.

oh yea...and teach the wife to ride. She plans on taking the MSF course sometime within the next month or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet paintjob :)
They are just aftermarket farings. They still had the originals but I didnt want them. I think I have seen this set on ebay for around $400 or so.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Congratulations!

Why take the relay out??

Are the turn signals too slow?

:dunno:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations!

Why take the relay out??

Are the turn signals too slow?

:dunno:
It doesn't work consistantly...that and the are a little slow. Almost two seconds between blinks. My 6R is just one step under a strobe light :).

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
It doesn't work consistantly...that and the are a little slow. Almost two seconds between blinks. My 6R is just one step under a strobe light :).
Change it out for an Electronic Flasher/Relay designed for LED's and you should be good to go. They offer a constant legal flash rate.

;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
running lean can hurt the bike??

and how do you know if it is running to lean?
There is a significant amount of popping when deaccelating from higher rpms. I don't know how lean it is, but based on everything I have read from other people with the same setup, a stage 2 setup should solve the issue.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Change it out for an Electronic Flasher/Relay designed for LED's and you should be good to go. They offer a constant legal flash rate.

;)
Is this something an autoparts store would carry or do I need to order it online?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts