Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am going to change my oil this weekend. I just want to know what tools i'll need. I was reading about an oil wrench?? where can i get one of those, or is there something else i can use? What about the fairings?

thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get an oil pan, filter wrench, socket wrench with the correct size for the drain plug.
If you need to remove fairings, that's fairly easy to remove with basic tools (usually allen keys).

You can get all of those at AutoZone or similar places.

·
Registered
63 Posts
4mm Allen key - get a set as you will use others over time, 17mm socket and ratchet or a 17mm ring spanner, oil pan or an old metal 5L oil can - you can cut one of the longsides out and it makes a decent pan with a cap on one end for draining ! New filter, correct oil, a filter wrench - if you're short on cash you can GENTLY hammer an old sharp-ended screwdriver thru the old filter, it gets a bit messy so wrap it with an old rag first... Honestly you'll spend more time getting the fairing off to make it easy to access, personally I put my bike up on paddock stands - it's way easier !

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
there's a lock ring on the oil filter. make dam sure you put it back on (pia). i left mine off once and the filter spun loose and blew all the oil out lol

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
all the tools you need are in the owners tool bag. granted you can probaly do a quicker job with your own hand tools but the tool bag is a great refrence for finding common sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts