Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a top clamp cover for the 2003-up 636? I'm trying to avoid key scratches, but can't seem to find one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Trying to avoid this? I'm looking for one also, but don't want anything that's going to look like shit. I'll probably just repaint it...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i bought a cheap sticker of ebay. i posted about the quality a while back. i spent $10 for everything shipped, when the REAL LP cover cost $25. you get what you paid for:(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I can't seem to find any for the 03's yet, and I don't feel like cutting one out myself. It will look shitty.:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
just get some carbon fiber sheeting from planetsuperbike.com or tricktape.com. It's not that hard, just make sure you have a SHARP razor so it doesn't fetch up while your cutting it leave a rough edge. I find that a scapel is probably your best bet, has a nice handle so you don't cut yourself and since the blade is sharp enough to go through skin it is more then sharp enough to cut any decal. You can find them at any medical supply store.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I hear ya. My key is now solo but the damage is already done...

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's cool too bad it's only for 02's. I wish they had it for 03's! It is hard to get any part for these bikes. If you do find something it is on back-order

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.