Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of the bike is a 96 zx6r
I was doin circle wheelies tonight when i dropped the bike really hard on the right side. I have a cage and stuff on it so the engine is protected. however it was difficult to start back up and once i did i realized there wasnt much compression. so i pulled the tank off and sure enough the airbox had popped off the carbs. so i put the airbox back into the carbs hoping that would solve the problem. didnt work. i have compression on all 4 cyclinders. it doesnt sound like an exhaust leak. its definetly coming from inside the engine on the top end. any ideas as to what it could be? its the clack clack clack noise. except really fast. also, it does it at all rpms. i didnt put it in gear and try to drive it anywhere cuz i dont want to make it worse.

·
Registered
312 Posts
it sounds like you need a valve adjustment. You probably just started hearing it because you are listening too hard. i drove my bike to the other end of my driveway with my helmet still on the side of the bike, and i heard my valves gettin LOUD. Valve adjustment fixed it.

Also, whenever people drop their bikes, it takes a few tried to start up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.