Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i was wearing all of my gear during this...i cant seem to get my 03' 636 over 150mph. I run out all my gears and cant get it over that.I know maybe I need to grow some balls,but i was wondering if anyone actually knows the top speed of the 03' and what can i do to keep up with my buddies Honda SuperHawk 996?

V Twins Suck!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had my '03 up past 150mph (indicated) with a tank bag (so I couldn't get into a tuck) and a ventura luggage rack and tail bag. If your bike isn't getting past 150 there might be a problem. Has the gearing been changed? That could limit your top speed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know this is not what your looking for, but i got mine up to 152 and ran out of road. I wasnt pushing it that hard and know the bike had more to go... that is I wasnt at wot yet.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I did 154 and I think the max is 165...indicated

·
Registered
27 Posts
The fastest I've gottin was 167 but ran out of room pretty sure it's faster. Sh*t in a wheelie I always @ around 90-110. Keep up the pratice

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by smittyzx6r
First off i was wearing all of my gear during this...i cant seem to get my 03' 636 over 150mph. I run out all my gears and cant get it over that.I know maybe I need to grow some balls,but i was wondering if anyone actually knows the top speed of the 03' and what can i do to keep up with my buddies Honda SuperHawk 996?

V Twins Suck!!!!
You should be able to pass the 996 on topend, although the torque of the V-Twin will get him out faster. My buddy has an 04 636 he has had the bike up to 175 indicated. I had my 05 636 up to 170 indicated.

Just be safe and have fun. Sometimes when your first your last.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i put my 05 on the dyno and it said top speed was 165mph

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Maybe you should get on the track at Mid-Ohio and ask them to clock you.

--David

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
all you 05 - 06 guys will have a faster speed then us 03-04 guys do to the better heads you have which equall more HP.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.