Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this place and ZX10R bike! What is the top speed of my 2005 ZX10R? I have a pipe, powercommander, and a map job!

·
Registered
44 Posts
the top mph is'nt going to change with performannce mod's, it's just gonna get there quicker. You would have to change your gearing to go faseter

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
here is a simpler answer and a reply about the governor on the bike.
typical top end 180-186mph, pending bike, rider and test conditions (not gearing limited)
the bike wont pull 13,000RPM in 6th gear.

with your mods you have added say 2-4mph on the bike, if the map is fueling correctly at these speeds.

Sportrider magazine had a full write up on this, with a 2004 zx10r, and the bike in its street trim with being strapped and a good rider did something like 186mph at the maxton mile (record at the time).
They then did a stretch, head work, full system and bunch of other things and end3ed up with 193mph WO the nitrous but a slight head wind.
they said 198mph should of been attainable with favorable conditions,
but they did do over 200mph on a 50 shot of Nitrous

All this was in the 0-1 mile running.

My bike tops out GPS verified 179 in 6th on the limiter with -1CS/ +1 rear, with the kit intake cam going in and some head work and stock gearing for germany i should see 195mph with some luck, will be sure to video it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts