Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Fastest I've been on my '02 is about 120 MPH.

I read 162 MPH is the top speed on the stock '02.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got 178 on my 03. almost 2300 miles on her. Can't wait for an exhaust and PCIII!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
671 Posts
My '03 hit exactly 160 on the dyno with 187 indicated. Completely bone stock. Check out this thread /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3081

My '91 ZX6d also hit 160 on the dyno. I had gone up 3 teeth in the back so it used to go faster on top end. Years ago, a cop in Maryland hit me with radar doing 165, and he said that I was still gaining speed. His car hit the top speed of 145. My bike was stock at the time and still had the twin pipes on it. I hit the rev limiter twice that night, but couldn't outrun the radio. It was a $510 ticket, listed as 100 MPH plus over the 55 MPH speed limit. Still can't believe they let me go. BTW, I still have the ticket in a frame, I just take it down whenever my parents come to my house!

C-Ya.....Skiv
http://www.SportbikeLinks.net
'03 ZX6r
'91 ZX6d
http://www.geocities.com/skiv_here/6r.html

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever"

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hit 180+ on -1/+2 so it was way off on the reading when racing my friend whom indicated ~165+. 6th gear pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hit probley 160mph speedo idicated 175mph but im down 1 in the front so I dont know how fast it was really going. I was trying to keep up with a busa.[xx(]

"If your not lent over you might as well be bent over!"

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
BTW, I still have the ticket in a frame, I just take it down whenever my parents come to my house!

Post that sucker up on the forum, I wanna see it!:D:D:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have 1386 miles on my 03 and i hit 170 easily and it was still pulling but i ran out of room. I think 175-180+ is completely possible. Btw im bone stock. GODDAMN THIS BIKE FLIES!

"Death is Certain, Life is not."

·
Registered
156 Posts
You guys got your organ donor cards filled out and filed with the Division?

Good, now I can sleep at night, knowing the supply of young male organs will continue to flow.

My best to your next of kin!

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where I opened mine up is on a US route, wide enough to be 4 lanes for a 2 mile stretch in between 2 state routes. Also no trees or brush, with healthy 30-50 feet of flat grass side ditches. Traffic minimal, and visibility is 100% Can't get any safer then this stretch of road.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey, at 120-150, you could land on marshmellow and fluff and still be toast. Don't kid yourself, at that speed, it really is SUDDEN DEATH!

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
110 Posts
275 km/h indicated when my bike was stock.

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.