Discussion Starter #1
I took my new 2003 ZX6R 636 and opened it up this morning sunday5/4
I let off at 126 mph i wonder how much more does she have the power
is awesome[:0]

Danny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Top was around 150 (indicated) on my way into work one morning...

A long straight exit off 35 south onto 280 south (cali roads).

The best part is as you enter the "oh shit" section of the powerband....

Hope you have a firm grip on the tank....:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Valgar... 150 was all you got up to? The first time I maxed out my 636 the speedo read 162. Actually I was out riding with 'TommyV' when I got that fast. A few days later I went out riding and actually got it up to 167. I'm not too sure why it went a little faster. Maybe because it was a mucher cooler morning, plus it was on a slight decline... maybe???

By the way... that's what the speedo read. I'm not too sure how acurate these digital speedometers are?

G.....;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
ODIE,

I have read that the bike makes peak power at 12500 rpm. On my last ride I was running about 140 mph or around 12000+ rpm and I wanted to see what my black 636 had so I held it and it pulls way harder than my zx7 and it did not stop pulling. I let off at 158 and there was no sign of my bike wanting to stop, I believe red-zx that it will go 167.(on the speedo)

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am sending you all organ donor cards. Many folks will be appreciative of your efforts on their behalf.

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Had mine up to 232Kmph or 144 mph and she was still pulling hard. Make that 159 mph and I also backed off but she still semmed to have more.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had my speedo up to about 165 But I backed off it, I felt like she had a lot more spunk left in her though. Im sure she would go over the 170 mark. This was on a closed course ofcourse.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I swear to god I thought I had mine going at 281KM/h. My buddy with his Gixxer 750 said he was behind me gaining slowly and he was going around 270KM/h.

Maybe I need to redo this because I was hoping that it topped out at 299KM/h. Will post video when my camera mount comes in... :)

Anyone call Kawi up and ask them?

What's your octane level?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have seen 180mph on the clock :Dmine is an 03(B1)and has akrapovic can and made 114 bhp on the dyno[8D.

All the reports in the uk say top speed is around 160/165 mph so as speedos' are generaly about 10% optomistic thats means mine did about 162mph.

not too shabby:)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey bikealarmblair, that's an impressive HP reading... do you still have the dyno chart ? What rpm was peak at with the Akrapovic and how did the over-rev look on the dyno ? Are you running a PC III ?

I gotta get mine in to dyno it sometime soon, but I'm very interested in seeing your results if possible...

Thanks!

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
159 Posts
SideShow,
That was one funny comercial. We never get to see any good adds like that over here.

Just out of curiosity did anyone see the tire comercial with the dog trying to commit suicide after seeing his "bitch" cheating on him? As far as I konw it was taken off line but I didnt know if anyone sill had it or not.

Mr. Speed

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.