Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my beloved 00 zx6r was totaled and i am tring to decide on getting a 04 zx6r or 03 zx7r or stepping up to a zx10r any sugestions would help
thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I say, wait till next year when they release the 10R's.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you like riding on the edge, I think the 10 is going to be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'd say just the opposite. If you tend toward riding on the edge you are a lot more likely to find it on a ZX-10R than on a ZX-6R. The real advantage of the ZX-10R is the extra mid-range grunt. I doubt many will really use the 20 mph between 160 and 180 very much or really take advantage of 1/2 second difference in quarter mile times.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Get the ZX10R!!!
That bike is one really super sexy machine, I watched video's of it, it looks good. Also, it is an amazingly good track machine. If you can afford it, buy it. Just get the black colour, it looks PAMMMMPPPPP!:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Black is the way to go!!! now if they only changed the headlight configuration! i'd put my name on the waiting list!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
go to the dealer when they have both bikes and spend time looking over them. then do the ass test. and ask for a test drive;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just don't understand why anyone wants a inline 4 1000cc bike. Tires cost more, plus you go through them faster. Insurance is more. They are hella fast on the street=tickets. On the track they are also a handful. If you like doing wheelies, nevermind, it's perfect. They are definitely good for that. I have a '03 6rr. Prior to that I had a little 400 Suzuki ([:0]) Bandit. Then I stepped up to an 2000 zx-6r. On the street they are all fast. My advice would be the 6r or 6rr. If you go to the track, the slipper clutch on the 6rr is pretty sweet. It saved me from myself recently. Long story short, passing another rider on the brakes, miscounted gears, dropped it down a gear lower than I thought I was in, rear wheel didn't chatter, lock, etc. and I rode away. On another bike, I probably would have had a really bad day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know how to describe it, but I'll try. If I am wrong in any portion, please, go easy on me. Note that I consider myself a newbie as far as track riding. Over 10 years on the street, but sadly, only one year on the track. :( You can just downshift without any drama. You don't need to blip the throttle to match RPM's. You just let those phenom. Radial brakes do there thing, and click down on the gears. The Only thing I have felt is the rear swaying a bit, but no locking rear tire or chatter. Hope this answered your ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Slipper clutch, is adjustable on the 03 and 04 6RRs...

but basically if you want to feel what a slipper clutch feels like most club racers increase their idle to somewhere around 4-5,000 rpm and then race, basically the increased RPM acts liek a slipper clutch when under heavy braking and downshifting...

Would advice you do anything like that on the street....

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Feels almost more like a two stroke streetbike, with the decreased engine torque / braking. I love riding Wan2Fly's 6RR in the tight stuff for that reason. It's definitely a different feel, and keeps the rear end in line when you're hard on the brakes and downshifting...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.